Thread: Pityriasis rosea

Default Pityriasis rosea

Anyone ever have this during pregnancy? I was diagnosed with it a week ago and then found out I was pregnant yesterday. I probably got it right before we conceived. By itself it is typically harmless. I googled it during pregnancy and have completely scared myself to death. I have a call in to my dermatologist and will be calling my OB shortly as their office is just opening now. Any insight or previous experience would be appreciated, thanks!
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Google seriously sucks sometimes.....it sounds like something scary to be going through. I would definitely alert your OB. But it also doesnt sound like something they have a "cure" for. No insight to offer but will be thinking of you and wishing a H&H 9 months! keep us posted!

Thanks! I don't usually google things, but for some reason I did. I am taking the info I found with a grain of salt. I'm sure I could find information online telling me that lettuce causes cancer if I looked for it, lol. I did talk to a nurse at my ob's office and she had never heard of it and made an appt for me to go in and talk to the dr tomorrow. I can get his thoughts on it, though I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal. And sadly, even if it does pose a threat, there is nothing anyone can do about it. the only way to help the rash go away faster is UV exposure, and I'm not going tanning now, so i just have to wait it out. My dermatologist said it does not have any effect on pregnancy, so that's comforting. I will feel much better after I hear a heartbeat and just hope they will send me for an ultrasound sooner rather than later to calm my nerves!
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan