Thread: Protein S deficiency

Default Protein S deficiency

My brother has been diagnosed with this clotting disorder. Just wanted to update...posted about this a few days ago. He is still in the hospital but may go home today with pain meds, a steroid, and blood thinners.

I will be calling my Dr tomorrow to request testing. My younger brother and parents will be getting tested too.

I'm so thankful my brother will be getting watchful care :-) .

Praying the rest of the family tests negative.

Blog Entries

I'm glad that he knows now what is going on and can be proactively treated. I hope that the rest of you are ok!
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Glad to hear your brother is feeling a bit better and can come home. I hope this isn't a issue that will affect the rest of your family, hope everyone else's results come back all clear.

Glad he knows what it is so he can get the proper care. I hope everyone else comes up neg., but if it is + at least you'll know. HUGS.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !

Thanks everyone!

Just got back from the blood draw. She's testing for factor V Leiden, protein s and c deficiencies (functional and free values), and testing my thyroid again since she'd like to see my tsh between 1.0 and 2.0 (it was 0.66 in early Oct). She didn't adjust my meds but wants to see if/how it may be fluctuating before attempting to reduce my dosage.

I'll have the tsh results this week but the rest of it has to be sent out so it won't be back for 7-10 days. I had to go to the hospital for the testing...they couldn't do it at my regular lab. Glad I didn't have anything else to do, lol, I had never been to the hospital here before and drove in circles for 15mins .

Anyway, thank you for your thoughts and support :-) !