Thread: pregnancy without embryo

lostlamb Guest

Default pregnancy without embryo

Hello I found out i was pregnant and i was totally excited and happy...now it is turning into a nightmare. The dr is recommending a D&C and says in his opinion this will be a viable pregnancy because at 8wks he could not find the embryo..now i dont know what to do?? Everytime i get a twinge in my stomach i am not sure if it is the baby finally making itself known or the start of a miscarriage. I need opinions please!

lostlamb Guest

this will NOT be a viable pregnancy... sorry for the typo

Are you 100% sure of your dates?

Quote Originally Posted by mla View Post
    Are you 100% sure of your dates?
    This if not then I would say it wouldnt be viable. I have went and had an u/s done at 8 weeks and there was no embryo only the gestational sac. I hope that your dates are wrong. I would suggest having them do another u/s in a week to see if there is change unless a natural miscarriage begins.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

I had this happen last November. My doctor did a quantitative HCG which confirmed the ultrasound findings. My numbers were decreasing. I was also very positive of my dates since I had been using OPK's. My yolk sac was also abnormally large. If you aren't comfortable yet have them do 2 blood draws a couple days apart. And another u/s recheck. I waited 3 full weeks before I had my D&C. I never started miscarrying on my own. I'm so sorry.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Babidol View Post
    I had this happen last November. My doctor did a quantitative HCG which confirmed the ultrasound findings. My numbers were decreasing. I was also very positive of my dates since I had been using OPK's. My yolk sac was also abnormally large. If you aren't comfortable yet have them do 2 blood draws a couple days apart. And another u/s recheck. I waited 3 full weeks before I had my D&C. I never started miscarrying on my own. I'm so sorry.
    This!!!!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

Blog Entries

I would also want them to do another ultrasound in a week just to make sure that you weren't as pregnant as you thought that you were. If there has been no change/no baby showing up then I would let them do a D&C or somehow induce a miscarriage.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.