Thread: Ttc irregular periods

Default Ttc irregular periods

I have been having two periods a month about a week or two apart. I came off bc in july and ttc since. I can't pin point when I ovulate and last time I did I didn't have success. I don't know what to do, when I ovulate or how long to wait for preg test since I menstruate so often. Any advice???

I'm not sure about the effects of BC, but irregular periods are something to go see your doctor about. What type of BC were you on? I don't have any experience except for Depo Provera and I took that for about a year 12 years ago. Hated it and it took months for my periods to get back on track.
    My advice would be to talk to your doctor and determine the cause for your irregular periods. My guess is that if you are having two a month, then you are not ovulating regularly.

Good luck!
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

I am irregular but more 1 period every 1.5-2 months, so I understand the frustration of ttc with irregular cycles too it sucks!!!
    Are both of your periods full flow? Or is it possible you are just spotting when you Ovulate? Have you been temping, using opks, or watching another fertility signs? That might help you pinpoint O. You can see how many of us track o by clicking on our fertility friend charts on the bottom of our posts. They also have free online tutorials that teach you how to do it.

Either way, I recommend talking to your dr about it, just to make sure nothing bad is going on.

GL!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Bzjenn, I was on regular low dose pills. Last year when I had the mc I bled ever week or two for a year straight! It was non stop until I got on the bc in january. Then I came off and it started again. I lost my insurance a few mo ago so now I'm trying to get it back more do until then I can't see a doctor. lizamay, both periods are full on. I haven't started temping but I have used ovulation tests and yesterday I only got a light positive sign so I don't know if it counts or missed it or what??? I track my cycle since june. Ive considered going online to by clomid wo prescription but worried about side effects. So frustrated. Thanks for the replies ladies.

I'm sorry it's been so frustrating for you...I know how frustrating it is when your body isn't doing what it should normally do. I have PCOS and sometimes I go 2 or 3 months without a period, then other times I have a period every month for 2 or 3 months in a row. I took clomid for our first baby. it worked. Side effects weren't horrible...just mild mood swings and fatigue. Of course there's an increase risk for twins or multiples...

I hope you can get it figured out soon! Wish there was more advice I could give.

Good luck with everything!
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

Thank you hun, I'm sure it will. I think I may go that route anyway but still weighing the pros and cons

I would recommend strongly against taking any prescription, especially something like clomid without a prescription. It could be dangerous!

And I think the most important thing I you figure out what is going on with your cycle. Is there a free or reduced price clinic by you? I think as soon as you are able you should get this irregular bleeding checked out.

GL with everything-- I hope y

ou get some answers soon, and then have a BFP and a H&H 9months soon after!!