Thread: PSA about car safety (disturbing)

Default PSA about car safety (disturbing)

Something we all need to be aware of. Scissors or a box cutter are essentials in the car. More than that though it's no place for a child to play. I'm guilty. Never again.

http://www.sallycphotography.com/archives/2005

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Oh my, that is so scary!!! My DS likes to play with the seat belt in the car (since his car seat uses LATCH he has access to the seat belt). I am putting a pair of scissors in my purse to put in the car as soon as I hit reply on this message!!
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

How terrifying! To add to this, any seatbelt not in use in the back should be buckled and locked. Kids, even rear facing, can often reach a belt near by and wrap it around and have this happen.
    ~ Shannon
    Michael, Married October, 2003
    Jessica, June 2005 ~ Kyle, September 2007 ~ Michaela, March 2010 ~ Abigail, June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by MommyShannon View Post
    How terrifying! To add to this, any seatbelt not in use in the back should be buckled and locked. Kids, even rear facing, can often reach a belt near by and wrap it around and have this happen.
    Ooooooh good idea! Buckling and locking tomorrow.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by hpfan04 View Post
    Oh my, that is so scary!!! My DS likes to play with the seat belt in the car (since his car seat uses LATCH he has access to the seat belt). I am putting a pair of scissors in my purse to put in the car as soon as I hit reply on this message!!
    We answered at the same time. Just buckle the seatbelt and pull it out to lock it then retract. That way he can't pull it out.
    ~ Shannon
    Michael, Married October, 2003
    Jessica, June 2005 ~ Kyle, September 2007 ~ Michaela, March 2010 ~ Abigail, June 2012

Omg that is horrible. I must get scissors to put in my purse.

I just bought this today after reading the article. They are called Escape Hammer's. They can both cut a seat belt and with a light tap break a cars window. VERY useful tool in an emergency.
    http://www.amazon.com/Original-Life-...=escape+hammer

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

I think everyone's getting a safety hammer/cutter for Christmas this year. That story was heart-wrenching

I already keep a knife in my car. but now I wonder if it's sharp enough to cut through a seat belt.

Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    I just bought this today after reading the article. They are called Escape Hammer's. They can both cut a seat belt and with a light tap break a cars window. VERY useful tool in an emergency.
    http://www.amazon.com/Original-Life-...=escape+hammer
    I want to get one of these. One of my bigest fears is being trapped in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by i.<3.cheesysmiles View Post
    I already keep a knife in my car. but now I wonder if it's sharp enough to cut through a seat belt.

I want to get one of these. One of my bigest fears is being trapped in a car.
    Yeah I know....me too!

They would make excellent stocking stuffers Carrie...that is what I am doing with Jason's

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

I think I'll be mailing a bunch to family this year. It's just too scary.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Thanks for posting I am glad the little girl was okay!

Holy Crap thats scary. Poor baby and poor mommy. I dont know why, but I have always had scissors in my glove box. Everytime Ive thought about bringing them inside, I didnt do it. They'll stay there now. Thanks for posting!

oh mama... my heart is breaking for you guys. thank you so much for posting this. i will get some scissors in my glove box, tomorrow. i already set a reminder on my phone.

so many hugs to you guys,

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

Oh how terrifying! I'm so glad she is ok. I already keep a knife in my purse, but this is definitely something I will remember. Thanks for sharing this!
    Jennifer

oh my goodness! That was heart wrenching to read!! How scary

Just and FYI for those of you putting sissors or something you could cut with in your car. Make sure it is in a glove compartment or some place secure, other wise in a car crash it can end up doing more harm then good...

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com