Thread: 2 year old gifts?

Default 2 year old gifts?

Ok, i need help with bday present ideas for caroline. She has a kitchen, which she loves, babies, mil is getting her a cozy coupe for her bday. Im racking my brain (and the internet) for ideas. Is there anything your 2 year old loves? Help! Tia!

For her 2nd bday DD got a bunch of those Minnie Mouse Bowtique toys the ones where Minnie's clothes just snap on. She still plays with them daily. (it's a smaller less costly toy but a favorite here)

Katie and Nathan have both loved anything that plays music. And toy cars and trucks.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

I saw that at TRU yesterday. Not really her thing though. I dont think it would be played with much.

Olivia got this for her second birthday: http://www.target.com/p/b-parum-pum-...lot=medium_1_2

She still loves them. We play the instruments along with music often

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Some of the things my daughter got at her 2nd birthday:
    Innotab 2(plays it all the time)
    Art Easel
    Dora tea set
    Soccer Goal Set
    Sand/Water Table(although it doesn't get played with alot right now)

Some of Maiya's favorite things for this stage in her life (she's 2 years 7 months, and just moving on to the next "set" of toys and activities) have been:

Mega blocks / duplos (but she needed me to guide her play a LOT at first)
    A simple wooden train set
    This fire house / police station (this has probably been her FAVORITE ever. She got it last Christmas at 20 months, and to this day it's a major favorite. I do recommend setting it up on a piece of plywood, though)
    Sticker books
    Rocking moose (like a rocking horse, you know)
    Tricycle
    Play-doh
    Bread, fruit, veggies, etc for her kitchen that can be cut
    Little plastic figurines (she likes animals best)
    A crib and high chair for her babies
    Cars / airplanes / motorcycles, like hot wheels and such (including the larger ones that came with the fire house)
    Inflatable ball pit / wading pool
    Shape sorters. Her personal preference was for the type that she could push the shapes all the way through, not the puzzle type that you just laid on top.
    And, of course, books, books, and more books!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Some of Maiya's favorite things for this stage in her life (she's 2 years 7 months, and just moving on to the next "set" of toys and activities) have been:

Mega blocks / duplos (but she needed me to guide her play a LOT at first)
    A simple wooden train set
    This fire house / police station (this has probably been her FAVORITE ever. She got it last Christmas at 20 months, and to this day it's a major favorite. I do recommend setting it up on a piece of plywood, though)
    Sticker books
    Rocking moose (like a rocking horse, you know)
    Tricycle
    Play-doh
    Bread, fruit, veggies, etc for her kitchen that can be cut
    Little plastic figurines (she likes animals best)
    A crib and high chair for her babies
    Cars / airplanes / motorcycles, like hot wheels and such (including the larger ones that came with the fire house)
    Inflatable ball pit / wading pool
    Shape sorters. Her personal preference was for the type that she could push the shapes all the way through, not the puzzle type that you just laid on top.
    And, of course, books, books, and more books!

all this!! sounds very similar to everything that DS2 (21 months old) likes.

DD is 2 years, 8 months. She has been really into babies for quite awhile - so anything for her baby dolls, such as a cradle, a doll stroller or high chair.
    She also really enjoys Duplo blocks, and plays with them a lot.
    Books - she loves reading.
    Musical instruments - she got a real (but small) guitar for her 2nd birthday. It still gets played a lot.
    She got a kitchen and a tea set for Christmas right before she turned 2, and those are definitely still being enjoyed.
    A toddler size table & chairs where she can sit and do her coloring, etc.

My DD loved (she is just now outgrowing them) but the 'little people' sets. She especially loved the house and family set, and the school bus. Every birthday/Christmas, we've been adding to her collection, hours of entertainment for her. She is 4.5 now and is transitioning to Playmobile, but I can't believe how long she was into her little people!

Another huge hit was a bathtub toy set, Dress up dolls (they are flat) and stick to the side of the tub/walls. I forgot the brand, but you can buy the set at toys r us. They lasted for over 2 years!! The set comes with two girls, and a variety of clothing/accessories that stick when wet, I can tell you, they are long lasting!

A boom box where they can control the songs.
    The birthday cake by Leap Frog.
    The picnic basket with food and plates also by Leap Frog.
    Mr. Potato Head.