Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about post partum bleeding

That sounds awful. I say if it gets too bad call an ambulance. That makes you a priority! For nursing you might go with a football hold so he's not pressing on your belly. I've gone to the ER before with kidney stones and have bypassed a waiting room full of people. Nurses tend to understand the difference between runny noses and real emergencies.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Well I have a uterus infection and now a bladder infection. They gave me a shot in the butt(ow) and I will be taking an antibiotic four times a day for the next week. I hope and pray this knocks it out!
    Last edited by liontamer; 11-28-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries

I really hope that these antibiotics finally work very well. You have had such a rough time of it!
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Wow, I would be IRATE!!! I can't believe they didn't take you more seriously...gah, I'm so upset for you!! I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this !

I'm thankful you're getting treatment now...praying the infection clears quickly (((HUGS)))!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Wow, I would be IRATE!!! I can't believe they didn't take you more seriously...gah, I'm so upset for you!! I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this !

I'm thankful you're getting treatment now...praying the infection clears quickly (((HUGS)))!
    Yeah I was aggravated but I was just relieved it wasn't something more serious. like something that would require surgery. My dr did a pelvic exam and omg that was so painful.

Just hoping that these antibiotics work this time. Thanks again ladies!

Update on me...

I'm now laying in a hospital bed receiving iv antibiotics. Two days into taking the second round of antibiotics the pain got so much worse so I went to the e.r. Last night. They took my blood and urine and decided I needed a ct scan I had to drink that nasty dye stuff and it made me really sick. Luckily, I kept it down. Well, we waited and waited for the results I. Then my nurse came in and told me that they were getting me a room ready. I looked dumbfounded and said what? She then realized the dr did not come in yet. She the said thedr would be back with the results soon.this was at midnight.the dr never came in and a different nurse came in and told me the ob dr would be waiting for me in post partum. At this point I'm freaking out. I said if everything ok and he said they weren't sure what was wrong and to wait to talk to the ob.
    I finally get transferred at 2:30 in the morning. I get up to post partum and ask if my son was allowed to stay and they said yes and they brought him a bassinet . Asked the nurse what was going on and she said the dr would be there around 6 to talk to me. So once again I. Freaking out thinking there is something seriously wrong.

The dr finally comes in and tells me all the tests came back normal. He comes over and starts pressing on he spot that hurts and was like wow your uterus is all the way to the right and then asked if I had a d and c after him and I said yeah pretty much right after birth.

Ah bit send before I was done because a nurse came in! My bad

Well he seem worried about that but didnt say anything else. He did say that he wanted to keep me to give me antibiotics through an iv. I will be seeing my normal ob tomorrow morning and I will let you ladies know what she says. I'm so relieved everything came back normal. He said my white blood cell count is normal but that's probably since I have been on antibiotics.

So question, is it normal for my uterus to be one one side?

So relieved my little man can stay with me. He still has not had to have formula at all and I want to keep it that way.they are very pro breastfeeding here so they understand why I want him here. Sorry about all the jump and craziness and typos. All these meds have me feeling yucky and out of it.

Blog Entries

Oh, my! I really hope that they figure this out very soon. Prayers said for you.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I had horrible pain and vomitingthat started 4 weeks after Dd 1 was born. Went to er was told uti and flu. Was given abxs and sent home. Felt better after a week. Then 6 months later everything came back. Went back to er had CT and b/w which showed everything fine except for a cyst on my ovary. I laid in the hospital crying and vomiting for 12 hrs before they decided on exploratory surgery. Come to find out my appendix which WAS NOT visible on CT had wrapped around my bowel and was inflammed. I didn't have any vaginal bleeding though.

Oh sheesh! I'm so sorry this is still going on for you!!!

My uterus is tilted way to the right but like I said before, at almost 4wks pp you shouldn't still be in so much pain

Praying they figure this out for you asap (((hugs)))!

Ugh So sorry you are going through this. I can't believe you have been able to BF 100%! Wow that is amazing. Glad to hear he is with you now.

Feel better!
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Its definitely not my appendix because when the pain gets really intense so does the blood. Thank you so much ladies. My dr told me they are going to keep me until the pain goes away. I hope it's soon :/ I'm not sure what's going to happen if this round of antibiotics doesn't work. They know for sure it's a uterus infection because all the symptoms say yes.

Macksmom my dh and mom can't believe about the breastfeeding either. I'm determined to give him the best. I hate that I'm having to take antibiotics and stuff but I make sure everything is safe. I know there is still small traces excreted in breast milk but I figured its better than introducing formula to him. Breastfeeding is making me try and push through all of this. I'm just so glad this hospital is so pro breastfeeding. They have been so accommodating. The night I got admitted we ran out of of diapers so my mom was going to have to go home and we asked if they could spare some and they gave us the the twenty bag of diapers. Too sweet.

It's funny because some of the techs and stuff freak out and think he is a newborn and they start asking wow how much did he weigh and I have to explain he is almost a month old lol. I did not have no ten pound baby :p

I'm still hurting. I try not to take pain pills because it makes it hard to feed my little man when I'm loopy.ready to feel better :/

Pain just intensified so I had to take medicine...this medicine makes so loopy. Makes everything move and its so hard to concentrate.

Blog Entries

I really wish that they could get this all under control for you.
    My Ovulation Chart

I hope the doctors get a gripe on this infection.

Me too:/ ugh I feel super sick now sorry I'm complaining about all this. I just feel like my body is slowly deteriorating.

Oh no! I am so sorry you are still in so much pain! Hoping the drs figure it out asap!!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

I'm now on three antibiotics naprpxen(anti-inflammatory), percocets when needed, zofran because all the medicines are making me sick :/. I hope and pray I get better soon. I soooo exhausted. I haven't slept more than four hours in two months :/ I think I'm going to pump and try to get my mom to feed my son so I can get a little more rest.