Thread: The Stresses of Life

Hybrid View

tiggerlb Guest

Default The Stresses of Life

Well today we left at 5 am to get to the hossy for DD#1 (?Amber) eye surgery (both eyes to correct the lazy /crossed problem). All went well with the surgery. She was slow to come out of the anesthesia and puked a few times coming out of it so with that as a small delay she got discharged @ 11am. So we get to the car and load up and when I go to start the car it was running really bad all of a sudden. Luckily I already knew the issue by the way it was running since it happened before. So we left the hossy and were off to find the auto store where I had bought the parts previously and they were under life time warranty. So I found a location close to the hossy and we parked there and I took apart what I needed . Dh took the parts in (yes dh and the other kids were along also) along with my receipts showing the purchase with the life time warranty. They only had 1 of my coils in stock and I needed 2 and I also needed the coil bracket (distributor cap) Well the stupid woman refused to honor the warranty on the bracket. And took it back from my dh. So we went ahead and just got the one new coil and we bought a set of plugs. Put it all back together the car still running really bad. So we went to another location to get the other coil and the bracket. Next location had the other coil but not the bracket so we got the other new coil in and proceeded to drive 15 miles away to another location (mind you I only had 1 piston firing at this time) to the next location we got there took it all a part to get to the bracket Dh took that in and it was in stock and they honored the warranty with no problem So we put it all back together again And I had all 4 pistons firing and the car was running well. It just could have been easier if the woman at the very first location would have honored the warranty on the bracket in the first place It would have saved all the headaches and my poor DD who just had eye surgery alot of discomfort by her being able to get home sooner. The Kids had to endure high gas fumes while ridding to these different locations due to the car not firing with all pistons. It could have been worse though. We could have been stranded on the side of the road and had to be towed home but luckily I knew what was wrong and how to fix it and I already had the parts under life time warranty. Then not to mention the stress of the ttc thing and my recent loss and waiting on my cycle to return. Thanks for reading this vent.

Ugh, how frustrating! I hate when people have to make it so difficult. I'm dealing with something right now that is stresses me out every month because every month I think it's fixed, but it never is.
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

You're lucky you knew what to do! I would have been pulled over on the side of the road in tears!! Hope your DD is recovering quickly!

Oh sheesh tigger (((hugs)))! How frustrating : / I'm so glad you knew what to do and you didn't get stranded but wow, what a fiasco!!

Praying DD recovers quickly...hard when they have to go through stuff like that

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarmoon View Post
    Ugh, how frustrating! I hate when people have to make it so difficult. I'm dealing with something right now that is stresses me out every month because every month I think it's fixed, but it never is.
    Well what is the issue? I may have knowledge or tricks I have learned that my be able to give you a permanent fix.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    You're lucky you knew what to do! I would have been pulled over on the side of the road in tears!! Hope your DD is recovering quickly!
    It is times like today that I am glad I liked to work on cars in my younger days. It really empowers me in a sense to know I can get us home with a problem that is fixable (if it was the engine went out well I would be stuck towing home. And then rebuild it once I got it home. Yes I can rebuild motors also lol). My I am also glad I do not have to rely on a man to fix my car. Dh had no clue what was wrong today I just told him what it was. Now if I would of went in to get the parts the woman would have honored the warranty of the most needed part I would have got it no matter what crap she tried. Thanks for the well wishes for DD. She is doing okay for the most part not wanting to eat to well yet and having some pain but we are giving her Tylenol. She is starting to be her self a little at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Oh sheesh tigger (((hugs)))! How frustrating : / I'm so glad you knew what to do and you didn't get stranded but wow, what a fiasco!!

Praying DD recovers quickly...hard when they have to go through stuff like that
    I jst felt bad for my daughter having to endure all the extra time she had to spend out there and in the darn gas fumes. All I wanted to do was leave the hossy and bring her straight home so she could be comfortable. But no I had to keep her out 3 hrs longer dealing with car issues wich would have been fixed if the woman would have just honored the warranty. It would have only been about 45 mins longer if she would have. I just look at it all as it could have been worse.

It's not pregnancy related. It's the payroll system we use at work and getting a bill for no reason.
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarmoon View Post
    It's not pregnancy related. It's the payroll system we use at work and getting a bill for no reason.
    Darn I was hoping it was mechinacal or something. That is one problem I cannot offer any help in I wish I had more computur programing help to offer. All I know is you buy a disk and put in the computer and the program does its own thing. lol

I'm sorry Tigger! I hope your daughter has a fast and easy recovery!
    Jennifer