Thread: Bbt thermometer question

Default Bbt thermometer question

How often do you change the batteries? I feel like my temps have been a little wacky this month and last. In the mornings, I take the temp, and since its still dark in the room, I turn it off and then when I am up with the lights on, I turn it back on and it shows the temp from memory. This morning, I was hoping for it to show the ovulation spike and it just showed 96.8. I was just going to take my temp again this afternoon to see if maybe the battery is going. As I turned it on, it showed a temp from memory at 98.7. Weird. I had a pos opk a two days ago and yesterday was the end of my ewcm, so I am hoping I did ovulate when I thought and the temps are just off. I've had the thermometer since July, maybe.

I've had my thermometer since September and it seems to be working fine still. I think some of the wacky temps I've gotten we're attributed to time change/sleep change and room conditions. For the $10 or whatever I'd just buy a new thermometer...I don't think mine takes regular batteries. Also weird but true, I took my temp one morning and looked at it, then dreamt it read 98.65 and when I woke up and turned it back on it was a completely lower number lol. I was so confused! I was so convinced it was 98.65 and I could easily remember it as 9865 without the 7 lol.

Blog Entries

I bought my BBT about 4 years ago and have never changed the batteries. The memory function doesn't work anymore that isn't a big deal for me.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Thanks!
    Kmrk- I have done that before :-)
    I'm might take a little break from the temping for a while. I got a flat temp this morn, so I think a combination of different waking patterns and battery are throwing things off.