Thread: Baby is in the 7% percentile at 25 weeks pregnant

Hybrid View

Default Baby is in the 7% percentile at 25 weeks pregnant

Hi,
    my close friend is 25 weeks pregnant and her baby is in the 7th percentile. Her last pregnancy ended at 20 weeks when her placenta finally failed. That baby was also very very small and seldom moved towards the end.

She is being seen twice a week now to monitor the baby. The amnio came back normal but they suspect that that placenta is not supporting the baby properly.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or any advice. She is so worried but I don't know what to tell her.

I have no experience but I wanted to offer some serious hugs. That sounds very scary. My dd#1 dropped behind by several weeks around 35 weeks due to pre-e and they scheduled an induction at 37 weeks. I'm not sure what you do that early though. There are 25 weekers that make it and do well.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

My friend just had her baby at 24 weeks. She was 1 lb 9 oz at birth. She is 3 weeks old and doing remarkably well. I hope your friend and get baby are ok!!

Blog Entries

I do hope that all is ok and that nothing is up. It is possible for everything to be fine, after all 7/100 babies are naturally that size. Did the baby suddenly drop to 7%?
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

All they can do is monitor her as often as possible. They will probably be weighing the risks of a 25-28 weeker vs. the placenta crapping out without anyone knowing and ending up with a still born. If your friend is not already in the care of an MFM I HIGHLY suggest she get to one. Most OB's are just not as practiced with high risk pregnancies. I wish her all the best.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Thanks for your responses. The baby was in the 20% at the anatomy check and overtime, has dropped to 7%. She is a very active baby, and they say everything with the baby looks fine. The main issues are her size and the placenta. They checked the blood flow to the placenta and said that looked fine too. She is just very worried because of what happened with the last pregnancy.

She is in the care of her regular OB but also now goes to a high risk doctor and meets regularly with the genetics councilor. They said there is nothing they can do but monitor her. We are trying to keep positive, but I was hoping that someone had some experience with this.