Lots of posts from me today! I finally have some time to myself

Does anyone have a school-aged child who wont tell them anything about their school day OR more importantly, if something happened at school that upset them?

Yesterday someone pulled a bow of DD1's backpack (she has an angry birds backpack that has a big yellow bow on it). There is no way it was an accident because it was sewn on. Some other kid ran over to us to return it and when DD saw it she burst into tears. I don't know if she didn't know this had happened or someone had threatened to do it or if she felt it happen but regardless it upset her. I thought it fell off at first but when I saw how upset she was and the damage I realized it was done on purpose.

I asked why she was crying and she just kept saying "I don't want to tell you". This is not the first time she has done this. I have to pry everything out of her and then I don't even know if it's the truth or if she is just saying something to appease me.

It makes me VERY upset and I don't know what to do. This is one of my biggest fears - that she (or any of my kids) wont tell me when they are sad or being teased or whatever. My first instinct is to demand she tells me but I realize that is just bad. I just get so upset

Yesterday I tried to just hug her for a while and tell her that I am her friend and I want to help her.... I don't know how else to get her to open up to me

Eventually she told me. Not sure if it was the truth.

Any ideas?