Thread: ~RANT~ ~LONG~ So you are the only one to go though infertility?...........feel free to disregard..........

Angry ~RANT~ ~LONG~ So you are the only one to go though infertility?...........feel free to disregard..........

This may be hard to follow........so sorry bout that......but I need to get it off my chest...........{Begin rant}

I am a nurse and I work in the psychiatric field. The last two days for me have not been fun at work.

I have a coworker that is irritating the crap out of me. She was my "mentor" when I started, and since I got off of orientation OVER A YEAR AGO.....she continues to tell me what I am doing wrong and rarely tells me what I am doing right.

Yesterday my supervisor answers the phone and tells me to take the call. I do. I get the info, call the doctor, doctor accepts the patient, I tell my supervisor that the doctor accepts. My coworker (whom I will now refer to as C) starts telling me that I didn't do it right, and that I should know better than to do what I did, and goes on and on about it. I ask her to stop talking (because it has already been a bad day and she isn't my supervisor, and therefore she has no right to chew me out) and she proceeds to tell me that she can say whatever she wants..........

Today I go in, talk to my director (who is above my supervisor) about the previous night, and I am told I did nothing wrong. I continue my day and pretend nothing has happened (I don't tell C to go fly a kite). Another coworker came in later in the day (D) and tells me that after I left the previous night, C mentioned that she believes I am depressed because I have not been able to get pregnant (true) and that since she herself has had 3 miscarriages and was never able to have a child, it is upsetting to her to have me talk about wanting kids.

Backtrack here for just a second....

Yesterday I was having a poor me day, feeling like giving up on wanting to have kids, even though my DH's test results aren't back. One of my supervisors (M) used to be an infertility nurse, and had been working in that field for years and years, had told me that whenever I had questions, I could ask her about them. M and I were talking about my issues, the fact that I wasn't sleeping, the fact that I felt angry and upset and frustrated. I work in a very stressful environment and everyone is entitled to have bad days. Every day we tell people not to hold things in, that talking about it usually makes you feel better. Yesterday I needed to talk, and M was concerned, and had a moment to talk.

There are two rooms at my nurses station. I was talking to M in the back room, and I guess C and D were in the other room, and overheard what was said. (Not really an issue, because the people I work with already know a lot about the issues I am going through) I felt better after taking to M....and went on about my day. After this conversation with M is when the issue with C came up.

So, apparently C is the only one to ever gone through infertility, and because I am having similar issues, she is upset about that.

Whatever. I am done allowing her to bring me down. (Now if I can only continue to tell myself that and keep to it.) I hope that if I never have children and become her age (she is nearly twice my age) and I find out that someone I work with is going through the same issues as me......I will never treat her the way C has treated me. I hope that I will find the compassion to allow her to have her own feelings and not make her day harder just because she is going though some tough times............
    {End rant}
    Lizzy

Oh, I am so sorry.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Big(((HUGS))) I understand how you feel, to an extent. I do not have infertility issues, I just can't keep my babies alive long enough to have them. But, I do work with someone like what you are talking about. She has even made stupid comments to me like, " I sure wouldn't TTC for another baby, just to have it die too." Yeah, I had to walk that off for a long time. I am sorry you are having to deal with such an inconsiderate person. I pray you all will get everything worked out and you will get your Bfp soon. Good luck!

I am so sorry hun

I feel better after getting that off of my chest.....sorry the rant was a bit hard to follow. I talked some more to M and she happens to be my supervisor, and has had issues with C in the past. I have decided I will no longer talk about TTC, or my infertility issues at work if C is around. M has agreed to try and help diffuse the situation by trying to make it so that we (C and I) aren't in the nurses station at the same time if we can help it. It will be less of a strain on me as well as C.

What irritates me is the fact that I know another one of my coworkers (Y) has had much of the same issues as C and me. Y is never been anything but nice to me. She was even ecstatic when I thought I was PG a few months ago....

Well, at least I have a game plan for work. Now to continue to wait for my DH's test results to come back so that I will have a game plan for that part of it. I hate being in limbo, and the waiting is the worst for me. I am fine when I have a game plan, or something to focus on. Right now, all I am doing is waiting for results to come in. One of those tests won't have results back for 2-4 weeks......and my DH won't be putting in his second sample til Saturday.......which means BD is off the table for the moment, which kinda annoying.

Anyways, I'm off to put my battle suit on before I go to work.........at least I slept decent last night........
    Lizzy

I'm hoping for the best for you and results show that it's a problem that can be fixed!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

huge {{{}}}

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!