Thread: Woohoo!

Default Woohoo!

We had our PRIDE training today and some of the first words our CM told us was that our CPS reports came back! Yay! A good month earlier than we expected! That was really all we were waiting on to be on a list. So as of right now we're on the emergency list, and next week once I turn in my physical we'll be on the regular list. We're so excited and can't believe how quickly it's all happened! I hope so so so bad that things work out the way that they're supposed to.

We got some very encouraging information about the standard situations in this county. She said almost all of the kids that go into foster care, at any age, become adopted by their foster parents. She said that visitation isn't a huge worry because it's all done the same way. Unless it's a young mother, who's really trying hard to get their child back, they just want you to bring the child to the visitation and drop them off then come back and hour later to pick them up. It's a supervised visit with the social worker but I think they like to give the parent(s) some time with the kids without the tension. Things can chance as time goes on if it's a good situation or they're open to meeting foster parents but if they're concerned about tension they recommend you not be there the whole time.

It seems like there is a lot of support and they really want everything to succeed in the best way possible. It's all very positive and upbeat and isn't pushy at all which I appreciate. Our CM has had foster children before, has had a domestic adoption fall through after they had the baby for a while, and used to have a home for troubled teens. So I think she gets it more than most. She said when she meets couples who have struggled with infertility who are ready like we are she just wants to go grab a baby up that needs a home and bring it right over because she understands the feeling.

She also indicated that we're probably the next ones they'll look to for a child in our range because there are only two couples right now looking for a child in that range and they aren't quite ready yet. And she was very impressed with the baby's room being totally ready and us having the baby gates up and the child locks ready and all of that stuff. She said we're a lot more prepared than most and that she was going to put that into our home study. She said she's very excited for us and she knows we'll be great and that makes me feel so much better.

Also she said if a child comes to us in the middle of the night, they won't come with much but if they come during they day they buy diapers, formula, bottles, and clothes first. So that's good to know. Overall we feel very encouraged by our training and home visit today and are really hoping that we can have a child in our home that we can care for and love very very soon!
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

Oh wow how exciting!!! I'm so happy for you!! Praying you get a. Child placed with you quickly!

Blog Entries

So exciting!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Great news! So happy for you.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Such great news! Very exciting!!!!!
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Fantastic news! I can't believe it all fell into place so quickly for you. I hope that the perfect child is out there and will be in your arms soon.

Eeeek! That's great news!

So excited for you!!!!!!

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

Thank you so much everyone! Everything has gone through VERY quickly compared to what I expected...it's insane! I hope that doesn't mean that our interminable wait is yet to come but we'll deal with whatever happens. I asked DH the other day how he was feeling about everything, and he said that he felt like this is just completely different because infertility just felt like us banging our heads against the wall over and over again for months and months. And he said that this feels like it may have been the path we should have taken all along. The day we were certified and found out that our CPS reports were back and all was good to go was my EDD before I miscarried. I can't help but feel like that was some kind of sign. Maybe I'm nuts but it sure feels that way to me, and to DH as well.

We've got pretty much everything we need to be set for a few days, maybe longer, and are just going to try to stay busy now until we get the call! Thank you all so much for your support! You'll all be the first to know, other than DH, as soon as we get a call!
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007