Thread: Sould I be worried?

Hybrid View

Default Should I be worried?

We DTD without protection and I'm not sure how concerned I should be about the possibility of pg .... I'm hoping you'll tell me not to worry - even though we do want another child, we have not been trying and haven't actually decided if/when we will try for another.

Here is what I know about my cycles

Last ovulation around 9/29 (gobs of the good CM)
    LMP - around the 14th, I think
    Cycle length is around 30-32 days
    DTD 10/27

If the above is true, we prob DTD on CD 14, and I should likely O on CD 18-20. Sperm can hang out for up to 5 days (in the right conditions), right? Or is it 3 days?

Now that I'm thinking about it, my LMP might have been earlier than 14th - the 14th would make for a very long LP. Now I'm really thinking I should be worried. Good golley, I have got to keep better track of this stuff!

TIA!
    Last edited by RachelB; 10-29-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Rachel, Wife to Andy (12/2003), Mommy to Tanner (12/2009), Hoping for a brother or sister for Tanner in 2013

Use an app to keep track of everything it really comes in handy. From the research I've done I've read that sperm can swim up there anywhere from 2-5 days but I think it depends on the environment b/c right before you O, you typically have more CM which can make it easier for them to hang out for a while. Try to calculate and find out when you are supposed to get AF and test around that date and keep track of any symptoms you may have now like headaches or cramps anything like that. Don't freak just yet.
    Let me know how it goes! GL. FX.