I just got a call from DSS. Looks like our fingerprints came back and now they're just waiting on our CPS reports. We scheduled our PRIDE class for two weeks from today which I didn't even realize until we got off the phone was my EDD. It's all I've been able to think about for weeks, and I got so excited at nearing the end of this part of the process that for a minute it didn't destroy me. I can't help but think it must be some sort of sign that we'll have our class on my due date. The CM said she was looking forward to seeing us again, and that she really liked us and was really excited about us being foster parents and hopefully adopted as well...that she thinks we'll be great parents. I think I may have really needed that call today. I've been sad and scared and it felt good to speak to someone positive about the situation.

We're going to try to get the rest of our paperwork together which shouldn't be too hard, and then we'll have our class and just wait on our CPS reports to come back...then we'll be an open home. It feels terribly slow but also really fast at the same time and I can't lie and say I'm not a little terrified.

So I have a question for you ladies. When would be a good time to get a crib and get the room ready? I know that while, not likely, it's possible for us to get a placement immediately once we're an open home and since there is so much unknown about this situation I think it would help to have everything ready by then in case it does happen quickly. I'm just curious what others have done and found helpful? Also anyone who has been through this before...what should I expect when a child first comes to stay with us. We're only looking at 12 months and under for right now so I know it'll be different than what an older child will deal with, but I'm expecting some possible stranger anxiety and things of that nature so...any input would be great about how those first few days usually go. Like...when do you buy things? What about diapers, formula, etc? Thanks ladies!