Thread: Today is as good of a day as any

Default Today is as good of a day as any

I can't wait to read this post in a year and have a big smile on my face thinking about how far I have made it. Today, it begins. Today is the day I take charge and responsibility of MY actions and MY decisions. It is nobody's fault except mine that I am fat, unhealthy, completely out of shape. It is all my fault. But the great realization is that I get to be the one responsible of changing it. I don't want to keep looking back in my life and saying...I should have done... I couldn't do...I wanted to but... Most of these answers were weight, health, time related. I want to just look back and be proud, happy...insanely happy with it all. And that power is in my hands. It is just going to take effort, sacrifice and will power and mostly reonsibility.

So today is my day. Today I get to make the change I want to see. Today...

Ok, it will technically be tomorrow ha! I plan to take before pictures, weight and measuments so I can track my progress. I plan to set my goals and timeline to have all of my expectations written down. It IS going to happen this time. I need to do this! My kids need me to do this. My husband needs me to do this.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

And We will be here Cheering you along All the way

I dress myself!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Can't wait to follow your journey, Jeanne!

Glad to hear you're doing measurements-they've really helped me when I've been frustrated with the scale (this month I've lost 1.4 pounds, but 9 inches!) Do we get to see your picture progress?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Heck yes I will be sharing my pics! I think that is the most motivating part when I read other peoples stories. Last time I started this I just never got around to the measurements but I know I am going to need as much motivation as possible to keep me going. And tracking and sharing in this forum is always helpful. Having people chime in and help is wonderful.

Great attitude! Good luck!
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Shoot! The last few weeks have sucked! I stopped tracking my calories, never took photos, ate like a crazed lady and ended up aging weight. Urgh! I completely knew it was going to happen and I was too weak to o anything. It is hard not to make excuses when there is so much on my plate it is overflowing. It is hard not to judge myself harshly knowing I have just begun.
    My failures: uncontrolled eating, too many sweets, extra food after dinner, too much coffee creamer (trigger food), not being organized in the least and most food decisions were based on time not health.
    My successes: I am stretching here...violet is becoming easier...ok, I don't feel I have had any successes. I did take measurements! But fear redoing them after my gain.l.
    i will update more often to keep me on track!

You CAN do this!!! I finally decided enough was enough and stopped making excuses and being a closet snacker. I have lost 46 lbs since June just by eating right (using Bountiful Baskets food co-op weekly as a way to keep commited to the healthy foods), and cutting out junk food/fast food. I use myfitnesspal and keep it at 1200 calories/day. Just so you know...I don't do any real exercise and I drink a GIANT coffee every single morning with 8 pumps (!) of french vanilla full fat/sugar creamer!
    ~Andrea~

Five months later....still not taking this serious. But I feel the tide is shifting. My little lady is finally eating a small amount of solids now and I might attempt on giving her a bottle. That will be the last straw in my brain that she will be fine if I start changing my diet a bit more drastically than what I have been doing. I have been making slow changes like drinking more water, no coffee creamer (just a splash of half and half), cutting my portion size down, adding more veg to my diet, and thinking about working out in a very different way. Now, when the kids are playing, I strap Vi on and we do laps around the yard. Every so often I will do squats or fence pushups and keep going. I feel a lot better with that simple added movement in the day. I figure that all the little things will eventually add up. I feel my next step is figure out my eating. While I don't consider my diet awful, there is room for improvement. So that is my current focus. I don't think I can track calories quite yet due to my craziness, but maybe in the future.
    my short term goals:
    By the end of June be below 235 (currently I am 246)
    i will to meal plan every week to keep me on point
    i will work out (anyway I can) three days a week minimum.

By October, I would like to be below 199, but that seems so far from possible right now. But if I focus on 2lbs a week, that is fully doable. But I don't want to be overextending myself either. So, I guess that longer term goal is up for debate. I know this sounds silly but I want to be far below my "norm" for my yearly PAP. I want to have that feeling of "I did it!" when I step on that scale a year after her birth. Ok, I know that is silly and realistically it is going to be a big stretch to hit that goal. But right now it seems like it could be within range.

, it feels good to be back here and have a plan, motivation and a bit of energy to do it.

Small victory...I was able to run to and from my barn and not be winded. Yeah! I feel like this 5 K I promised myself this year is a real possibility!

I just realized you posted this a few months ago. Its hard to start but, once you do you'll feel so much better!