Thread: Positive but Negative

Default Positive but Negative

Hi everyone...

I was supposed to start my period 5 days ago and i just felt like something was different so Over the past week i have taken 4 test and all came back positive almost immediately but now i am getting cramps. Feels like period cramps almost all day long. My doctor doesnt have an appointment till the 11th. Is this normal to be cramping?

this past January i had a test come back positive but when then a few days later start my period.. I am so confused
    Last edited by Alyson3396; 10-03-2012 at 02:04 PM.

It sounds like you are pregnant!!! I have gotten cramps with all of my pregnancies, this one included...maybe you could go to the ER....since you can't get in till the 11th... Good luck. Hope it all turns out ok!
    Kelly (26) DH (30)
    Jacob Lynn coming May 2013!

i would call and see if i could get in like early hours or after hours..sometimes they do walk ins. Or go ahead and make an appt with a gyno, since their going to tell you to go to one anyways , that way you can get in soon ! GL

My appointment on the 11th is with my Gyno. The receptionist said that is the earliest he had available at either of his offices.

I am trying to hold off going to the ER. My ER copay is so expensive. Any suggestions on how long i should wait before i absolutely have to go?

And thank you for your kind words. We are both excited!

Blog Entries

I'm in the boat of only going to the ER for life/death/immediate care issues. If you were to miscarry there is absolutely nothing that an ER doctor could do to stop it. If you are really worried about it all, you could ask your doctor to order some blood work but most won't do that unless you have a history of repeat losses.

But cramping is normal in early pregnancy.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

cramping is absolutely normal

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

i had cramps all the way up to eight weeks

I have not experienced any morning sickness and im still cramping. I read online that morning sickness is a sign that you will not miscarry. Has anyone elae heard this before?

Blog Entries

I had morning sickness with the baby I lost at 12 weeks. The other two I wasn't pregnant long enough to have it.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

I did not have much morning sickness with my 2nd child and none with my first. Cramping is normal. I cramped with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyson3396 View Post
    I have not experienced any morning sickness and im still cramping. I read online that morning sickness is a sign that you will not miscarry. Has anyone elae heard this before?
    I have not had any morning sickness at all and everything is progressing fine for me. Cramping is definitely normal. As long as you are not bleeding, everything is most likely fine. congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by christianaaa View Post
    I have not had any morning sickness at all and everything is progressing fine for me. Cramping is definitely normal. As long as you are not bleeding, everything is most likely fine. congrats!
    Thank you!

I had two completely normal pregnancies and never experienced any morning sickness. Not everyone gets all symptoms.
    Vicki 39 DH45 SD12 SS9
    DS Hudson Sept 23, 2009!
    DS Trevor July 29, 2012!
    "Fat babies have no pride" - Lyle Lovett

Went to my first appointment and i am 6 weeks and 3 days. Due june 3

Blog Entries

Great! I'm so glad that things are going well for you!

Thanks. 8 weeks now

vcobbs87 Guest

congrats alyson!