Thread: Natual Miscarriage

Question Natual Miscarriage

Unfortunately our little bean did not stick and my body is in the process of purging itself but it does not seem right. Another words I just feel I should be (TMI sorry) bleeding a lot more and with more cramps, etc. My last MC I had to do a D&C because I was further along. I opted not to do one this time because I felt my body would be able to handle it since I was six weeks and not 12 weeks like my first experience. Plus with the first one I actually had to have a second D&C because my obstetrician did not get all of my failed pregnancy out. So if I did opt for a D&C with this MC that would be a total of three D&C I would have had and I feel that is too much for me. I know the more D&C's a woman gets the more it can compromise the integrity of the uterus. I cannot chance this not at this time. I know this is a sensitive subject especially relieving your own personal MC but if anyone has gone through a natual MC at 6 weeks any guideance would be so helpful. How did your body react? Did you bleed a lot? I've heard that you go through several pads. I feel like I just have my period (am actually bleeding a lot less) with light cramping, not a lot of clots and am wondering if my body is doing what it's suppose to be doing. I have been bleeding since Wednesday with today being the worse with the discharge and cramps.

I ended up with a D&C with my loss at 10 weeks. I waited for 3 weeks and it just never happened. My doctor kept telling me it would just be a heavy period since it was a blighted ovum. I wouldn't pass much of anything but some clots. I would probably call your OB tomorrow and see how much of the pregnancy is still in there and if it's going to require more intervention. Im so sorry. I know this is mentally and physically taxing.

I have had two natural miscarriages. They both involved just one day of fairly heavy bleeding with some intense cramping. Then the bleeding continued, but it wasn't nearly as heavy, more like having a regular period. My m/c's were also around 6 weeks or so (don't know precisely).

I had one at six weeks and miscarried naturally. I remember feeling cramps and back pain as well being a bit nauseous. I feel like that only lasted for a day and while the bleeding slowed down after that day, I still bled for another 7 days after that.

I'm very sorry for your loss and hope you don't have to have another D&C either. Many hugs to you!
    Angela, Andrew & Nicholas

Three sweet angels in heaven

Blog Entries

I had a natural miscarriage at 12 weeks and two at 5 weeks. One of the five weeks was like a regular period and the other one at five weeks seemed lighter than a normal period.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Thank you all for your responses. It helped a lot. I wrote this post this morning early and I think my body is **finally** expelling itself. I have never experienced anything like this and it really unsettling to see such things come out of one's body. I was going to call my doctor but I am confident my body is doing what it's meant to be doing now. Why it took so long I can only guess because I was on progesterone and once I stopped taking it, my body probably needed some time to realize that I was no longer pregnant. My only wish now is for my body to be cleansed, rested and regulated as soon as possible. Then we will TTC once again...

Again, thank you.

Blessings.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Quote Originally Posted by sunkiss View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss!
    Thank you. I did not think I would feel this way. But it's almost as if you go through it once again the emotional pain and agony of having a MC. I did most of my crying last week when we found out. Today I feel like crying once more. I can only guess it's because what is actually coming out makes you realize the finality of it all...I'm upset and am trying to compartmentalize it for the sake of my children. All I want to do to is crawl under the covers, sleep and send my children over to my parents house until my husband gets home but know in my heart I must go on and continue on with my day.

You do need to allow yourself time to greive though. Don't feel like you're being selfish if you need some time alone. I suffered 3 natural m/c. One at 12 weeks, 8 weeks and 9 weeks. For some reason, the 9 week loss was the least painful and least bleeding. I cried my eyes out for several days with each one of them.

(((HUGS)))...so very very sorry ! Thinking of you !
    Last edited by kellyowens; 10-16-2012 at 08:35 AM.

I am so sorry for your loss, thinking of you today

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYMom View Post
    Thank you. I did not think I would feel this way. But it's almost as if you go through it once again the emotional pain and agony of having a MC. I did most of my crying last week when we found out. Today I feel like crying once more. I can only guess it's because what is actually coming out makes you realize the finality of it all...I'm upset and am trying to compartmentalize it for the sake of my children. All I want to do to is crawl under the covers, sleep and send my children over to my parents house until my husband gets home but know in my heart I must go on and continue on with my day.
    That's how I felt too. With my first m/c, I found out that the pregnancy was not viable several days before my body actually miscarried. If your parents can take your kids for a day, I suggest you go ahead and do that, and give yourself some time alone to grieve, cry, crawl under the covers - whatever you need to do. The kids will be okay, I'm sure, and it will give you some time that you need.

Mrsaug Guest

Experiencing a miscarriage myself. Its the worse pain of my 32 years. Ive been blessed with 3 natural childten &2 step. I thought this baby was meant to be because it was such a slim slim SLIM chance i could of became pregnant. Still very shocking & i feel like its a bad dream i can't wake up from