Thread: When It Rains, It Pours

Unhappy When It Rains, It Pours

While DH was at the hospital with his mom, I had the kids while Erin had to go to work. I had to call her to come back home because Nathan's breathing had me very concerned. He started wheezing on Saturday, went to his Dad's that evening, came back home Sunday evening. We've been giving him albuterol breathing treatments, but they didn't seem to be helping very much, and then while I had him, he seemed as if he was struggling to breath. So Erin came home and called the doctor and they said to take him to the ER. In the ER, they gave him another breathing treatment and an anti-inflammatory, and then they were going to do a chest x-ray. The last time I talked to Erin, about an hour ago, she said the breathing treatment didn't help for more than a few minutes. They're thinking he has a viral pneumonia in one of his lower lungs (I forget whether she said the left or right). She said he also developed a redness on his chest and arms which they're thinking may be a reaction to the albuterol. They were going to give him two more treatments and see how he did, but he may be admitted to the hospital as well. This is going to be fun. My grandson and my mother-in-law in two separate hospitals an hour apart.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Oh my goodness I am so sorry. Please keep us posted and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Poor little guy.

positive thoughts your way
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Thanks, everybody. I'll definitely keep you posted. Erin JUST texted me and said they were waiting for blood test results and she said it sounded like it wouldn't be much longer, so maybe they're NOT going to admit him.

Oh, gosh I'm sorry! Lots of thoughts and prayers!
    Jennifer

Hope he's okay!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Oh man I hope he's okay.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 5

Blog Entries

Praying for you all.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

Erin and Nathan are home. According to the diagnosis sheet she brought home, he has bacterial pneumonia, an ear infection, and respiratory distress. He has to have breathing treatments every 4 hours, round the clock, for 48 hours. They also gave her prescriptions for an oral steroid/anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic and she's supposed to take him to his regular doctor in two days -- unless he gets worse, of course, in which case they said to bring him back to the ER. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I went through this multiple times with Erin when she was little, but it's always scary every single time.

Oh, poor little guy. I hope he recovers quickly and doesn't need any more trips to the ER. You're all in my thoughts.

Glad to hear they are home. Lots of prayers he gets better soon!
    Jennifer

Oh no. Prayers for a quick recovery for him and big HUGS to your whole family.

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

Blog Entries

I'm so glad that he is home! I'll keep praying for you all.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.