Thread: Thank you MIL

Hybrid View

Default Thank you MIL

Thank you MIL for making my baby fever increase by 548953259548. She came to visit yesterday and told me she hoped that I had no plans for more babies anytime soon. That really makes me want to get pregnant ASAP just to spite her!

How sweet of her to say that!! Ugh! Lol I agree with your plan!!

My husband's family tells me the same thing. "I hope you hold off so you can get yourself a job and a life." Umm, my kids ARE my job and they ARE my life, so F-U! lol. Totally relate. Cannot wait to TTC again. Soon! It's no one else's business when or why or how you have more kids.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Baby (Uterus)

midgetlb6 Guest

Where is the thumbs up or like button when you need one lol you go girl.

HAHAHAHAHAHA *snort* !!! That'd do it for me too...that's hysterical !

How can that woman not want more of those beautiful grandbabies...oh my word your girls are SO precious!!!

Can't wait to see a BFP from you Rachel...I'm rootin' for ya !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA *snort* !!! That'd do it for me too...that's hysterical !

How can that woman not want more of those beautiful grandbabies...oh my word your girls are SO precious!!!

Can't wait to see a BFP from you Rachel...I'm rootin' for ya !
    Aw thanks I am from a huge family and I have always wanted more than 2 kids. DH is one of two and it's taken me a long time to get him out of the have two kids and be done mindset that his mother has instilled in him.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    Aw thanks I am from a huge family and I have always wanted more than 2 kids. DH is one of two and it's taken me a long time to get him out of the have two kids and be done mindset that his mother has instilled in him.
    HAHA BF is exactly the opposite he says ive never had a big family so i want like 4 or 5 kids. Hence start now cause i want to be done by 30 .

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_Laraine View Post
    HAHA BF is exactly the opposite he says ive never had a big family so i want like 4 or 5 kids. Hence start now cause i want to be done by 30 .
    I said I wanted to be done by 30 too but I will be 28 in a few months so that may not happen. I am the second oldest of 10 kids so when I say HUGE family I mean it. I don't want that many but I have much love for large families.

That's horrible!!! My MIL had 8 kids-every baby is a blessing to my dh's family. My own parents just know I'm very busy so if the subject comes up they are just quiet but I know they don't want me to get burnt out, which I can respect and I actually agree with. But it's never because they devalue my lifestyle & choices-it makes me ill to imagine that kind of poisonous attitude coming from family!

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (6.5, 4.5, 3, 1.5)

How nice of her. I'd feel the same way! And oh.my.goodness, your siggy!!

Quote Originally Posted by EttyBaby View Post
    How nice of her. I'd feel the same way! And oh.my.goodness, your siggy!!
    Thank you These were from Olivia's 6 month shoot so a little old but I have a hard time getting good pics of Ava because she is such a go girl so I don't have any really great recent shots. I LOVE B's Halloween pictures. She is such a beauty!

I actually get that attitude from my own parents. Probably wait a good loooong while after I get my BFP to clue them in and mentally laugh at them ;)

Haha! Don't blame you at all!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

I had to think for a long time before answering...because my own mother is kind of the same way. She and my dad struggled a lot to raise 4 of us. My dad had a really good job, but his company was taken over and he and all the other senior execs were fired. Being the controller of the company meant my dad never had a really good job again, and fell into a deep depression that he never fully recovered from. For my mom, it became the kind of financial struggle she never wanted to have to raise kids through. She eventually became very sick, and has been virtually housebound from blood clots and oxygen dependence for the past 16 years. My father passed away fairly young, with no insurance, and the hospital bill bankrupted my mother and took our family home. So, I can understand when she pushes my brothers and I to have small families. In fact, 2 of my brothers have no children at all. I'd always wanted 7 kids, but after my divorce I gave up on that.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't really know the background that led to her "less is more" attitude. Maybe there's something from her childhood that scarred her, I don't know. Maybe she's just a b!tch in general. If it's the latter, than I could definitely see the "I'm going to have 12 kids just to spite you" attitude. I was the same way towards my ex-MIL. Her thing was "you don't have to populate the Earth on your own, why don't you get fixed"--and that was after my FIRST child!

Either way, you and your hubs make the most beautiful babies, and I'm sad you didn't stay in our DD room so I could see #3. I can't wait until next year when you 2 have another on the way. I'll totally be stalking
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

How could she not want to see 373638189733782 copies of those girls? I mean seriously I love seeing photos let alone them in person. I don't know what you are dealing with cause I have the opposite issue. Everyone asks when we are going to give Kyle a sibling.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog