Thread: How long do we have to wait until we can try again?

Default How long do we have to wait until we can try again?

My girlfriend and I just had a miscarriage at 5 weeks of being pregnant :'(

That was today, October 10th.

How long do we have to wait until we can try to conceive again?

When she sees her doctor today, ask him that question. They may want to do bloodwork or other tests first, or she may need to wait for her OB appointment. Sorry for your loss.
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

I think with natural miscarriage they like for you to wait one cycle. With my D&C I had to wait 3. So sorry for your loss.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Uh thats makes me so sad. Im sorry for you guys. Keep on tryin...when the doctor says its ok. GL!!

tiggerlb Guest

In all relity that all depends on you and when you are ready.They say wait 1 cycle but for me I don't I just start trying again right away. The way I feel about it is the body will only get pg if it is ready to so why waist time in skipping. KWIM. I got pregnant on my aug 2012 cycle and mc'd in sept and on the sept cycle that was started by the mc I got another bfp and all seems to be going well so far.

I'm having a D&C tomorrow (I'm 10 weeks but baby stopped growing at 7 weeks). My OB said to wait at least 1 cycle, but that could change at my follow-up appointment.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Thanks for all the replies everybody, she went to the doctor today, she told her that she had bled everything out so there is no risk for an infection but she prescribed Kayleigh an anti-biotic anyways.

Was recommended to start taking prenatal vitamins and to eat healthy to get her health back up the speed quicker and that we can try again in about 2 weeks.

I'm sorry for your loss I hope you get another BFP soon. Good luck!

I'm so sorry for your loss! I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks back in December. We started trying again right away, as soon as the bleeding stopped. I got pregnant immediately that very next cycle, and my son was born last week! So don't give up hope! Best of luck!
    Jennifer