Thread: Ectopic and methotrexate

Default Ectopic and methotrexate

Hi---

So, after suspecting a miscarriage, my ultrasound showed that my pregnancy is most likely ectopic (they saw a shadowy mass that they think is the pregnancy near the opening of my tube). Hcg numbers also rose after previously dropping---another red flag for ectopic.

So,Monday, I had a shot of methotrexate (no surgery needed).

I just wanted to hear some encouraging stories of pregnancy after ectopic and/or methotrexate.

I have had one previous m/c (chemical), and two healthy babies. Ive never had an ectopic until now and have none of the other risk factors.

Also---the noticed in my ultrasound that I had released an egg from BOTH ovaries...so it might have been a twin pregnancy!

I'm 31.

I am sorry for your loss. I have no history with methotrexate but I wanted to offer hugs.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)

Hi Allie,

NYMom here. I am sorry I have do not any experience with methotrexate but wanted you to know I will be on this board if you want to chit-chat. We can console eachother if you feel up to it. I know it's not much rather we did not have to be on "particular thread" but it a start to the healing process. I posted on the June thread to you and hope your healing is continuing smoothly.

I am waiting to MC and it's a horrible wait. Each day I'm waiting for the cramps, etc. My doctor tells me it should happe by the weekend since I am off progesterone and if it doesn't I may have to go back in on Monday and get a D&C which I don't want to do. I want nature to take its course on this one.

Blessings and healing to you.
    Last edited by NYMom; 10-11-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Thanks for your thoughts. I was really hoping there would be someone who has gone through this, too