Thread: having a hard time knowing my ovulation /ovulation symptoms?

mrsbrill Guest

Default having a hard time knowing my ovulation /ovulation symptoms?

Hello Everyone,

I am new in this site and I do have few questions and Issues and I hope you guys will share answers and points of views. I have been married for 6 months and my husband and I are trying to conceive, I am from another country and I moved in here (USA) 7 months ago, My cycle is not 28's , sometimes it is 35's or even 45, so I am really having hard time to pin-point my ovulation, I even used those OPK's and to no luck its always the other line clear and the other is a little faded. Last month I had my period Oct. 24, and I start paying attention to my body and its changes, on the 13th day (Nov. 5), I start noticing changes with my cervical mucus, I noticed it was a little sticky but it doesn't stretch to 1 inch. I did the OPK too but it shows negative. and today is the 22nd day (Nov 14) , I notice my CM changes and this time, it has the egg white slimey and sticky that goes to 1 inch when stretched, with all the online research and reading, it seems that I am ovulating today, but when I did the OPK, it still shows negative. I am scared that I might not be ovulating. I went for my OB gyne check up last September, she told me to take prenatal which I did, I did have my pap-smear also and its result was I had a bacteria and I needed to take metronidazole for 7 days. also I needed to take 4 different antibiotics for 10 days for I was also positive for H-pylori.

So, this morning, I noticed my cervical mucus and to what every research I did, it shows that I am ovulating, but I don't know why the OPK tells me otherwise, and also today, I had these tingling pain whenever I urinate, and frequent urinating, (like 2 seconds after the first , i feel like i get to go again,),also my cervix feels swollen , are these by any chance are symptoms of ovulation or do I have some sort of infection? I am really worried.

Also , they did the transvaginal ultrasound last October 5, but until now, they had not fit me in to any appointment for the result reading, so I really don't know the result.

Thank you for reading and for the advices that you are going to share. Pardon my english too, I am still trying to learn..

Have a good day everyone!

Hi-
    I would call the dr about getting a visit. I don't think the tingling pain or frequent urination could be a sign of ovulation. That sort of sounds like a UTI to me. Which isnt hard to deal with but it does mean you need to put a call into your dr. The cervix feeling swollen may just be you not being used to how it feels at different points in your cycle. Have you been paying attention to your cervix throughout the month? At ovulation, it feels higher and very soft and open.
    Have you considered using a BBT thermometer to track your temperatures? That might be useful for finding your ovulation time.
    I don't have much experience with opk's- I just tried them myself this month for the first time. It sounds like they can be finicky at times.
    Your English is great! :-). Good luck and hope you are able to get pregnant soon!

I agree with everything PP said! It sounds like you have an infection and it's best to get that taken care of before you get pregnant. I also swear by taking my basal body temperature. It won't tell you before you ovulate (OPKs are supposed to do that, but can be tricky) but it will confirm that you did actually ovulate. That alone takes a ton of stress off.
    I have to agree, your English is great!! Welcome and good luck!

mrsbrill Guest

Hi, thank you for the reply. I have been trying to do these bbt but I was not very good at it, the doctor told me it should be first thing in the morning and should not make any movement, (im not sure if i had understood it correctly) so I stopped doing it, these OPK really got me worried that i am not ovulating at all, but then again, with the irregular cycle, i can't tell but thank you thank you I will try to give more attention to my body and symptoms. The frequent urinating had stop now, i think i had it for 2 hours or so today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebennet View Post
    Hi-
    I would call the dr about getting a visit. I don't think the tingling pain or frequent urination could be a sign of ovulation. That sort of sounds like a UTI to me. Which isnt hard to deal with but it does mean you need to put a call into your dr. The cervix feeling swollen may just be you not being used to how it feels at different points in your cycle. Have you been paying attention to your cervix throughout the month? At ovulation, it feels higher and very soft and open.
    Have you considered using a BBT thermometer to track your temperatures? That might be useful for finding your ovulation time.
    I don't have much experience with opk's- I just tried them myself this month for the first time. It sounds like they can be finicky at times.
    Your English is great! :-). Good luck and hope you are able to get pregnant soon!

mrsbrill Guest

Thank you this forum actually is great, I get to talk about stuff which no ones around me understand lol. I took tons of antibiotics the past weeks, so I am also not sure if its one of the side effect. Thank you, you are all so nice,

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    I agree with everything PP said! It sounds like you have an infection and it's best to get that taken care of before you get pregnant. I also swear by taking my basal body temperature. It won't tell you before you ovulate (OPKs are supposed to do that, but can be tricky) but it will confirm that you did actually ovulate. That alone takes a ton of stress off.
    I have to agree, your English is great!! Welcome and good luck!