Thread: Hoping for a sticky bean!

Hybrid View

Default Hoping for a sticky bean!

Hello ladies! I have been away from the boards for about two months, since I am a teacher and school started again for the year. We have still been actively trying, but I just had no time to be on the forum. Well, AF is due tomorrow (on our two year wedding anniversary, oh joy), so of course I was starting to think about testing. I tested about five days ago, at 8 DPO, and I could see a VERY VERY faint line in person that just wouldn't show up in pictures, so I thought it might be an evap. We were out of town the past three days, so I tested yesterday when we got home, and I got a BFP on a ClearBlue Digi!!

I have taken two other digi's since then, and one FRER. Also called a new OB today (I was not happy with the way mine handled my chemical earlier this year), and already went in to see her. Their pee test was positive too, so she had labs done to get the blood results and get my beta levels. I am so excited, but I am trying not to get my hopes up too much due to my chemical in March. It's difficult not to get excited, though!!

My next appointment is on November 6th for the first ultrasound, and I will be about 7 weeks then. Do I need to try to get back in during the next few days to get my beta levels checked again to make sure they are doubling?

100_1012.jpg
    Me (Rebecca) - 25, DH - 31 ~~ TTC #1 since October 2011 ~~ Chemical - March 2012 ~~ BFP 10/8/12 ~~ 11/6/12: HB 167!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRedHead View Post
    Hello ladies! I have been away from the boards for about two months, since I am a teacher and school started again for the year. We have still been actively trying, but I just had no time to be on the forum. Well, AF is due tomorrow (on our two year wedding anniversary, oh joy), so of course I was starting to think about testing. I tested about five days ago, at 8 DPO, and I could see a VERY VERY faint line in person that just wouldn't show up in pictures, so I thought it might be an evap. We were out of town the past three days, so I tested yesterday when we got home, and I got a BFP on a ClearBlue Digi!!

I have taken two other digi's since then, and one FRER. Also called a new OB today (I was not happy with the way mine handled my chemical earlier this year), and already went in to see her. Their pee test was positive too, so she had labs done to get the blood results and get my beta levels. I am so excited, but I am trying not to get my hopes up too much due to my chemical in March. It's difficult not to get excited, though!!

My next appointment is on November 6th for the first ultrasound, and I will be about 7 weeks then. Do I need to try to get back in during the next few days to get my beta levels checked again to make sure they are doubling?

100_1012.jpg
    I would try, that would give you an idea if you have to worry from the start. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

Congratulations!!! Thinking of you (((HUGS))) !!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Congratulations!! And happy anniversary!! What an exciting time!

Congratulations!! Here's hoping for a nice sticky baby in there

Best anniversary gift ever!!!

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! If it were me, I would have betas drawn 48 hours after the first beta draw. It will ease your mind to see the numbers double. I know it helped me after my miscarriages. Kup. Sticky dust sent your way!!

tiggerlb Guest

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
    Kelly (26) DH (30)
    Jacob Lynn coming May 2013!

Thanks for all of the congratulations, ladies! It is such a good anniversary gift to us both.

I just got a call from my doctor with my beta level. It was 146, so I think that is okay for 13dpo...does that sound normal?

I was really pleased, though, because before I could even ask to come in again, my doctor said that she wanted to have be back in tomorrow to have another blood draw and get my level checked to make sure that it is doubling. So I am very much looking forward to getting it checked tomorrow and seeing if everything is going alright.
    Last edited by MrsRedHead; 10-10-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Me (Rebecca) - 25, DH - 31 ~~ TTC #1 since October 2011 ~~ Chemical - March 2012 ~~ BFP 10/8/12 ~~ 11/6/12: HB 167!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Thank you!! I got good news yesterday...my numbers had increased "appropriately" (I forgot to ask the exact number because I was excited!!). They told me that I could come in every week if I wanted to, but that I didn't need to, so I was glad that they offered me that choice. I am going in again on Wednesday, just to make sure my numbers are still doubling well.

I am so excited! My first u/s is on November 6th. Everything feels good so far, though I am having what seems like a lot of cramping. None of it actually hurts, and none of it feels like AF cramps, which is what happened with my chemical, so I think that everything is okay. No bleeding at all so far, which is reassuring. My boobs have been hurting - not really tender but more sharp pains - and I am just EXHAUSTED. I have literally slept for at least 11 hours for the past four nights and yet I am still tired every night around 8pm.

That is awesome!!! CONGRATS!!!
    Katy - 26, DH - 26, DD - 4

Make a pregnancy ticker