Thread: Not sure where to post this...

Default Not sure where to post this...

But since I'm looking for advice, here seems to be the best place!

After my miscarriage and a few failed IUIs, I had to quit TTC / STC for a while, my heart coudn't handle it. Well, I'm still in "quit" mode, but something is bugging me. My cycles are getting shorter and shorter. The average is 3 weeks / 21 days lately. Up until the cycle before my miscarriage, they were textbook 28 - 29 days. (The cycle before my miscarriage was only 23 days. Unmedicated cycles after my miscarriage varied from 27 - 21. They now seem to be stuck at 21 days.)

Since I do still hope to have a second child- either when I feel up to trying another IUI or if we get a little miracle that actually sticks around- I kind of want to get this fixed. But how? Is there anything my RE could do to extend the lengths of my cycles?

I know she can put me on progesterone. Heck, I still have a ton of it laying around. But, if I go on meds like that, my thoughts are I may as well try an IUI again. I'm just not sure I'm ready for that type of intervention yet. So, is there any other option you ladies know about? Diet? Exercise? Meds that won't force me to take a pregnancy test every cycle???

Thanks in advance, if you have any ideas.
    Last edited by Krystal5; 10-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.

I have no idea but didn't want to read and not respond.

Not sure. The only positive thing i could think of is that you get to ovulate sooner and test sooner GL

A nutritious diet with exercise is always something to try, to balance your body (hopefully). I read into supplements when I was TTC and tried these: B complex (the B6 is key though the complex is important), primrose oil, fish oil, maca, and vitex. Of course, I'd ask your Doc which is appropriate for you, and I'd probably start with seeing your gyno to get an exam.... maybe something's up? Or have you had your thyroid checked? Hmmmmm.... just throwing out ideas here.... wish I had a simple answer!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpeejays View Post
    A nutritious diet with exercise is always something to try, to balance your body (hopefully). I read into supplements when I was TTC and tried these: B complex (the B6 is key though the complex is important), primrose oil, fish oil, maca, and vitex. Of course, I'd ask your Doc which is appropriate for you, and I'd probably start with seeing your gyno to get an exam.... maybe something's up? Or have you had your thyroid checked? Hmmmmm.... just throwing out ideas here.... wish I had a simple answer!
    These all sound like good ideas. I hope it works out for you soon!!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

Big hugs. How long is your luteal phase? Taking 100 mg can lengthen it - mine went from 8 days to 11-12 days when I supplemented.

it's hard to know what is going on in your cycle if you don't know when you are ovulating, ya know? I can't remember... did you use to temp or chart in any way? It might be worth it to see what is going on. You could be Oing way early or having a short LP, neither of which is a great thing, but they would both require very different kinds of intervention, ya know?

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

Thanks for the input and good thoughts, ladies!

Leigh, I will look back in to those supplements, thanks. I did all that when TTC, but am not now. I eat fairly healthy and excerise a bit, but there's always room for improvment, right??

I have not been temping since I quit recently, but when I did before, I always Oed between CD 15 and 17. I'm trying not to monitor my body signs, but after 5 years, it's hard not to notice! My trying-not-to-care observations lead me to believe that, even with my recent short cycles, I am still Oing between 15 and 17. So that would mean a very short LP...

Guess I'll contact my dr (OB/GYN or RE, not sure which I want to go with first...) and see what they say!

Thanks again.

Have you heard about seed cycling? It involves eating different types of seeds at the different parts of your cycle to help regulate it. I've never done it, but that was my first thought if you aren't ready to go medical. Lots came up when I googled. Best of luck to you .

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

I have the opposite problem with long cycles. Before I got this BFP, I was taking Vitex and it did help shorten my cycles a bit. After I learned this wasn't a viable pregnancy, I started doing some research. I ordered maca and royal jelly, which I'm planning on taking as soon as they arrive even if I am technically still pregnant with this one (D&C is scheduled for Friday).
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Sending you lots of hugs and love. Have your prolactin and tsh checked as well as progesterone. I don't believe in pills because nothing worked for me until my hormones were in check and having to do ivf several times for each pregnancy.

I had not heard of seed cycling. I will google that and see what I find, thanks for the idea!

Jen, I haven't used those, I will check them out, too. Thanks. And I'm so, so sorry for your loss. My due date just came and went... The pain of my loss is fresh. I remember oh so clearly being where you are now. Huge hugs, hon, there can never be enough at a time like this.

Dena, thank you always! And I remember what you went through with that, thanks for the reminder. I'll have them check that, too!

It just drives me nuts that now, suddenly, they keep getting shorter!! I mean, really??

Thank you so much! I appreciate that! A little nervous about tomorrow, but I have a lot of people praying for me right now.

FYI, the royal jelly is for egg quality and the maca (which is a food technically not an herb) for for endrocrine and overall fertility health. You can take maca while pregnant, but you are supposed to stop the royal jelly and vitex once you get a BFP.
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    A little nervous about tomorrow, but I have a lot of people praying for me right now. .
    Will be praying for you tomorrow!
    Last edited by AllieA; 10-11-2012 at 04:19 PM.

This happened to me a few years ago... It ended up that my thyroid was off and as soon as I got it treated my cycle fixed itself