Thread: late period, still neg OTC pg test

Hybrid View

tot Guest

Default late period, still neg OTC pg test

Hi, I am new to the forum and hoping for some input. LMP was Sept 7, had lots of sex but used condoms (no BCP) around time of ovulation (Sept 19-24) with my husband. Now I am 3 days late for my period but still had a negative urine stick test yesterday (which would have been day 30 of my cycle). I still think I could be pg, as I have had symptoms that are unusual for me normally and that coincide with early signs of pregnancy. Is it all in my head? Or is my period just late because at this point shouldn't a OTC pregnancy test be able to detect enough hCG if I were pg? I would really appreciate some input!

Well first i would ask if you have been stressed lately,or been excercising more...because those kinds of things can really throw your period off. Secondly my family has history of pregnancies not showing up on sticks, all theirs have shown up on blood tests. So it is possible to have a negative hpt and still be pregnant. I would suggest continue testing every week once a week until AF shows and if she doesnt show within a week to two weeks make an appt. for a blood test. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_Laraine View Post
    Well first i would ask if you have been stressed lately,or been excercising more...because those kinds of things can really throw your period off. Secondly my family has history of pregnancies not showing up on sticks, all theirs have shown up on blood tests. So it is possible to have a negative hpt and still be pregnant. I would suggest continue testing every week once a week until AF shows and if she doesnt show within a week to two weeks make an appt. for a blood test. Good luck

I agree with this.

tot Guest

Default good news!

Well I was pretty frustrated with the negative urine stick tests and no AF, so I went to town today to that "Any Lab Now!" place and had them draw a blood sample to test for hcg. They were soooo nice and said they would do it STAT for me (they could tell I was a nervous wreck as this would be my first pregnancy). They called two hours later and gave me the news: I'm pregnant!
    Thank you SO much for yall's input! Best of luck to you!

Wow! Congratulations!!!
    Kelly (26) DH (30)
    Jacob Lynn coming May 2013!