Thread: Extremely late period... help?

Default Extremely late period... help?

I normally have a regular period, but I haven't had a period since mid July. Towards the end of August, i bled lightly for a day (which was almost more of a pink then red), but by the end of the day it was brown and had stopped by the next morning. I'm currently experiencing a light brown discharge but only occasionally. I've taken a pregnancy test, but it came back negative, but i'm experiencing weird symptoms like crazy mood swings and sleeping alot. any input on what could be going on would be great.

Well I would suggest you go and see your regular doctor if AF has not arrived in the next couple weeks. Sometimes stress and other factors can cause you to miss your period. They may have you do blood work to see why and then either A. you are pregnant or B. They may provide something to induce AF and then investigate why you are off on your periods if it happens more than once.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)

This is the first time this has ever happened, i still have not started, but i have a very light brown discharge now. I'm not sure if this is normal, but i haven't had this before either. My doctor won't see me for another 3 weeks so i'm kinda worried. I'm not stressed or anything like that, so this kind of has me frazzled.

how long ago did you test i would test again

Default Tested

I tested about 3 weeks ago. I've now not had a period for 3 months which is definitely NOT normal for me. Ive been extremely bloated for the past 2 months and noticing at times my abdomen is very firm with occasional sharp pains. Obviously something is wrong, I'm just curious about my chances if being pregnant.

When was the last time you had unprotected sex? Retest and if its still a (-) go to a doctor.

How old are you? Are you on birth control? When was the last time you had unprotected sex? If your MD won't see you, planned parenthood, or some local hospitals have access to tests. If you are truly worried, you can also press your MD for a "urgent care" visit. Dr's have slots reserved for this.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

I agree with PP - I'd call the doc and ask to get in there ASAP. I highly doubt that you're pregnant but there may be something else wrong if you're having other symptoms.

i'm 21, i'm not on birth control, and i've had unprotected sex quite often since july. i'd say atleast 15+ times.

i would call my doctor