Thread: cough syrup / sore throat

Default cough syrup / sore throat

DS has a cold or something. He has been up a few times with a cough and a scream of pain. I think his throat is really raw. Does anyone have a homemade cough syrup I can make him for tomorrow? I have honey and lemon at home. I remember the doctor giving us a very simple one a couple years ago when my infant was sick, but we were told to use corn syrup instead of honey, but I completely forget the ratio of that, and I would rather use honey. I do remember it being soothing on my throat.

Anyone? I am going to call the doc in the morning, but they always have a long wait, esp. on monday mornings

Everything online has pepper or onion added to it. I want something simpler than that!

I just made a syrup out of lemon and ginger slices and honey. Supposedly the lemon and ginger congeal and make a jelly. I havent tried it yet but it looks nice! You can also add it to hot water or tea.

Hope he feels better!

Meant to add: i just give my kids a big tablespoon of raw honey to eat sometimes. They love it.

Similisan

http://www.similasanusa.com/kids-cough-relief

It really does work well.
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

I also usually just use straight honey but I've made some of the recipes on this blog when the cough and cold was bad. She has a couple of different ones and I didn't have every ingredient so just make do with what I have.

I use elderberry syrup.