Thread: Sort of odd potty training questions

Default Sort of odd potty training questions

Odd because, I don't think I've read any of these questions in the many PT threads that I've read.

I'm not actively pushing potty training for my guys- but if they ask to pee or poop on the potty, I let them. Recently, we've had more poop activity and the toilet paper that usually seems ok does not seem conducive at all to cleaning them up. I have run and gotten wipes but I'm certain they are not supposed to go in our toilet so that's out. Also, if they aren't laying down how to you know everything is clean? I'm not sure what other people do. To complicate things, as soon as one DS goes, the other one wants to try too so I can't really move to the usual changing area to finish as there's another DS trying to climb onto the toilet.
    My 3 yo cuties!

We use flushable wipes for poop - I think they're called Kan-doo or something silly like that. I keep a container right next to the toilet paper. And when she was first learning, I had her sort of bend forward and squat.

I also have DS kinda bend and squat with hands on knees. I wipe until the TP is clean.

Downward dog!
    Eta: the yoga position where your butt is in the air with hands and feet on the ground
    Last edited by girlwonder; 10-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

We use the flushable wipes too. Either the Kandoo or the Target brand (which I actually just as much). I wipe her when she's standing up or if she bends over a little that works well too. We definitely don't go over to the changing table after she uses the potty or toilet.

She leans forward after she's done. I wipe until the TP comes back clean.

We use the flushable Target wipes and have DS bend over so we can make sure he's clean.

Same... use flushable toddler wipes and have them lean forward so I can get in there and get a good wipe. For DD1 who is nearly 5, when we were working on her wiping herself I would have her wipe 2x with toilet paper and then follow up with a toddler wipe to make sure she was clean. I pretty much do that for DD2 as well... use reg. tp first and follow up with one wipe. We have city sewage, I think if you have a septic tank it might not be advisable to use the todder wipes, not positive though.
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

Flushable wipes and squat!

We use flushable wipes here as well. We actually use Charmin. DH works for P&G and we got a ton free!

Flushable wipes.....

Bend over and wipe until it is clean....

Same as everyone else! Flushable wipes (although I don't always flush, actually I rarely do. I usually wrap them in a little TP and throw in the bathroom garbage. I just don't trust them not to screw up the toilet.. we have a toilet when I was growing up that would need to be snaked like every month) and squat.

I really thought I was the only one who had them bend and squat when they were learning. DH thought I was nuts!

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    We use flushable wipes for poop - I think they're called Kan-doo or something silly like that. I keep a container right next to the toilet paper. And when she was first learning, I had her sort of bend forward and squat.

This is exactly what we did. He eventually learned to wipe himself with the wet wipes, and then with dry paper.
    Laura-Wife to Keith * Mommy to Kaleb

Quote Originally Posted by girlwonder View Post
    Downward dog!
    Eta: the yoga position where your butt is in the air with hands and feet on the ground
    Lol this is what we do too! My son now automatically gets down like that and waits to be wiped every time... even for pee

I just have them stay seated and lean forward. We use cloth wipes for the kids that go directly into the diaper pail.

Blog Entries

On the toilet with no little kids seat, I just have her lean forward (hands on me) so that I can wipe - we just use toilet paper or wet toilet paper (i'd love to switch to cloth but my DH isn't on board with that yet). When she is on a seat where I can't fit my hand behind her to wipe I have her get down and lean over so I can wipe.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Wow, I went to the store and there are lots of these wipes. I had never heard of them before. I started having the boys bend over- they are more agreeable than expected- but I still don't think I'm doing a great job. I'm sure there will be more than ample opportunity to practice in the coming months!
    My 3 yo cuties!

I have my DD lean forward while still on the toilet, and i use a wipe until she's clean.

if your worried about what your flushing just wet the tp. its what i do because i have a septic tank and am afraid that i will screw something up.