Thread: How Long?

Default How Long?

Still haven't miscarried yet but I know it's coming. I'm scheduled for a D&C next Friday if it doesn't happn on its own before then. How long til we can TTC again? I know the OB is going to say at least one cycle, but my cycles are so stinkin long. I just don't know how patient I can be
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

My friend just had a D&C. Dr said to wait 1 cycle. Thinking of you

tiggerlb Guest

I would start as soon as you get your first af from dnc. With your long cycles it would be like you already waited the 1 normal cycle length. I have had a dnc and I did as follows dnc was 3-06-2009 first af was 4-08-2009 and is when I started ttc again then on the may 2009 cycle I got a bfp

Blog Entries

I was always told to wait for one AF and a negative pregnancy test.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I have heard you are very fertile after a m/c. I'd wait for af too. Good luck, hun!

I was told after my D&C to wait a cycle so the lining could have a chance to rebuild incase they scraped too much. If you m/c on your own its best to wait a cycle so your body can heal but It is also mainly for accurate dating purposes.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

We were allowed to TTC once AF came after my D&C at 9 weeks. They followed my HCG down to zero, it took about 3 weeks to come down from 13,000, then another week for AF to start. I am so sorry for your loss

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I mc'd on my own... and was told I didn't have to wait at all -- but not sure on the D&C... sorry you are having to go through this!!

Just like the other ladies said, at least one cycle. I know it's tough, but it's good for your body to heal.

So sorry for your loss. Many hugs to you!
    Angela, Andrew & Nicholas

Three sweet angels in heaven

I was told 6-8 weeks after the D&C was when I could resume TTC - my period didn't come until about 6 weeks after the D&C.

Thanks ladies. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that AF comes sooner rather than later following the D&C. I started taking Vitex again twice a day. That really helped shorten my cycles awhile back.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012