Thread: When will this be figured out?

Blog Entries

Default When will this be figured out?

My immune system is just going nuts. I saw my allergist yesterday and she also thinks that something autoimmune is going with my worsening symptoms. She asked for a list of all the remaining tests that the RE wants to do and for his number. She is going to call him and try to figure out what tests should still be done on me - she will order anything that she can in hopes that the insurance will cover it. We might move from our condo very soon since I was 100% fine when we moved back in. Within two weeks I miscarried a baby at 12 weeks, then had a severe headache lasting 3 weeks until I went on antibiotics and steroids (ok for pregnancy). I then miscarried my second child right after starting those drugs and 3 days after the medication was done I started with the chronic hives. One month later I went on steroids for the hives since they were getting worse not better, about 10 days later I miscarried my third child in a row. So we stopped trying to get pregnant. I then went on a double dose of antihistamines and once the hives were gone I started having asthma attacks again after none for five years. Once that was under control with more medication, I started having joint pain. So here I am with referrals everywhere and lots of tests to do. Before we moved in I was on two medications and now I am currently on six, not including two rounds of oral steroids and one round of antibiotics. I feel awful and have gained over 10 pounds in this time period...7 in the last 3 weeks.

So hopefully the fact that my allergist and RE thinks that this is all interesting, they will figure it out.

I just had to get that all out.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I dress myself!

It sounds like someone should be running the tests. I think your allergist should be able to get them covered by insurance. I hope that they figure it out soon hun.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

Oh, wow, I am sorry you feel so miserable! I really hope they figure it out. How frustrating it would be to hear the condo had something to do with it all, but at least it would be something you can control.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Blog Entries

Yes, it would be both good and bad for me to be allergic to something in this building/area. I just want to get better. I do hope that my allergist can order all the remaining immune related testing so that my insurance will pay for it. She said that she would have no problem doing that.

Thank you all for commiserating with me.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Wow, sorry to hear all this! I hope that the testing determines the source of your symptoms so you can work on fixing it.
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Blog Entries

Thanks!

I hope to hear something from the allergist this week. My body is so messed up, I'm having heartburn now, too, and headaches again. My sinuses have been great for over three years and I am so concerned that they will get bad again. I want this all to stop!