Thread: I think we may be back in the game!

Default I think we may be back in the game!

So a couple weeks ago we met with a geneticist. They gave us our options of what we can do with my translocation. Well they said I have about a 15% chance of getting a good egg on our own but that is not good odds. They gave us the name of a RE/geneticist that is willing to take our case on and give us a good deal on IVF with PGD but its still high at 12,000 a try. Or we could go on to DE and it only be 4,000 a try plus the initial legal fees. Which we have been talking to a lawyer and he is going to give us a great deal of the fees being $600 for 2 rounds vs $500 per try because he knows what it is like to experience IF and he wants the court fees to be covered. So after almost 20 months and 6 m/c we are finally on a path that is more then likely to give us #2! So until March when we start the process I will be creeping here and there. Its great to be back in the game!

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

This is AWESOME news Sammi!!! I'll be stalking for updates and cheering you on!!
    ~Andrea~

Blog Entries

Fantastic news!
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Thank you loves I've missed the excitement and I am ready to move on and get this done so we can finally get past this point in our lives.

I dress myself!

What wonderful news!! I will be thinking about you!!

Great news!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I am so happy to see you back here! I've kind of been hanging out on the periphery too...but we're headed to DE too! Doesn't it feel great to finally be moving forward? Thanks for posting here, I've been wondering how you've been

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    I am so happy to see you back here! I've kind of been hanging out on the periphery too...but we're headed to DE too! Doesn't it feel great to finally be moving forward? Thanks for posting here, I've been wondering how you've been
    yes it does but i still feel like im in lala land while waiting for all the pre-reqs to get done and over with.How have you been Erica?

Quote Originally Posted by sammilynn View Post
    yes it does but i still feel like im in lala land while waiting for all the pre-reqs to get done and over with.How have you been Erica?
    Ugh, not great. DH and I have had a horrible summer, going to start counseling soon to try to deal with all of this. We found a great donor clinic in Santa Monica, and DH is all for it, but I'm not sure that we are in a good place to be able move forward...or maybe that's just what we need. That, and I'm trying to plan all of this clinic stuff with the 9-month dissertation that I will be starting next year-once I start I can't stop or take a break, and I just don't know where we will be with IF treatments. I am tired of not really knowing what is up ahead for us.

But I am very glad to see you back here, I can't wait to hear about all of your updates...spring will be here before you know it!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    Ugh, not great. DH and I have had a horrible summer, going to start counseling soon to try to deal with all of this. We found a great donor clinic in Santa Monica, and DH is all for it, but I'm not sure that we are in a good place to be able move forward...or maybe that's just what we need. That, and I'm trying to plan all of this clinic stuff with the 9-month dissertation that I will be starting next year-once I start I can't stop or take a break, and I just don't know where we will be with IF treatments. I am tired of not really knowing what is up ahead for us.

But I am very glad to see you back here, I can't wait to hear about all of your updates...spring will be here before you know it!
    I am sorry to hear that. I hope that you find your place again and you get back on board.