Thread: would you take your child to preschool with

Default would you take your child to preschool with

a 100.3 fever and they ask that you do not take them with a 100.4? She is so excited to go today and she is eating good. I think with tylenol it will go down. If I keep her home i feel bad and if i send her i feel a little guilty. What would you do?
    Katy - 26, DH - 26, DD - 4

Make a pregnancy ticker

I would not send a child with 100+ in but if they had a low grade fever that morning that went down with Tylenol I might. It would be based on their temp at the moment though. My DD only goes to a 2.5 hr preschool. I would not send a child to a full day daycare/"preschool" in that condition.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I would definitely keep her home

I would keep a child home with a fever just in case even if its low grade. I would worry it would get worst as the day went on.

Wouldn't send her. You don't know if it's going to get better or worse over the course of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Wouldn't send her. You don't know if it's going to get better or worse over the course of the day.
    This. Mostly. My DD hasn't had many fevers, but when she has they always go up as the day goes on, especially after 3pm.

nope. Id keep her home. Its for her benefit but its also for the other kids. If she's contagious (and they say if a child has a fever, they are contagious (most of the time), then she'll infect the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by GA1977 View Post
    nope. Id keep her home. Its for her benefit but its also for the other kids. If she's contagious (and they say if a child has a fever, they are contagious (most of the time), then she'll infect the other kids.
    ITA...and that is before pain meds

I'd keep my kid home if s/he has a fever - even if low grade.

Actually a nurse told me that kids get contagious even BEFORE the fever since by the time the fever sets in, the body is already trying to fight the infection (which is already present).
    Yet another reason to keep my kid is so that s/he will be rested and taken care of at home while s/he fights such infection. Rest is absolutely a must (in my book) if fever is present.
    Last edited by OhBaby; 10-04-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    If you can give your child only one gift, let it be enthusiasm - Bruce Barton

I'd keep her home... My DD1 literally went to her first day of pre-school and her sister came down with a fever that day, that night Bella came down with it too. One heck of a virus with fevers consistently 104+ at night for both girls for a week. Better safe than sorry, more comfortable at home.

I'd keep home. She'd probably get worse and might pass something a;ong into a cycle running through all the kids. Our daycare requests that they don't return to school until 24hrs with no fever AND no Tylenol.
    Missing Jacob - 10/2/06 ~ Adam Conner born 5.5 weeks early 9/23/2007 ~Ethan Lee born 11.5 weeks early 7/6/2012