Thread: Could this be thrush?

Hybrid View

Default Could this be thrush?

So I've noticed little white patches in Adriana's mouth like on the inside of her lips and cheeks. It doesn't *look like thrush, but i heard they can have no symptoms and still have it. It does look like its getting bigger, but not at the rate that Dallas' spread when she had thrush when she was a baby. My nipples aren't sensitive or anything, one side was at one point, but it went away so I'm not sure what it could be. She has also had a runny/stuffy nose for the past 3 weeks. I tried the BM in her nose and it clears while she nurses and then its back stuffy again. Not sure if there is a correlation...any thoughts?
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

Have you or Adriana had antibiotics recently? It would be unusual for a baby to develop thrush at 4months otherwise .

Do the white spots wipe off easily? I've noticed that Adam's thrush has a circular pattern to it and it looks really red around it. He also has white-ish streaks in his mouth but they don't appear to be thrush...no redness and wipes away easily.

If I suspected thrush at 4months I'd make an appt to see the pedi .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

No it doesnt wipe off. It looks circular too, but no redness. Hmmm this is weird!! We have a dr appt on the 10th. It doesn't seem to hurt her, or be uncomfortable or anything like that. But no antibiotics either. It started off with one and then another, then another, then another. So im not sure what it could be. They are small, but growing.

Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thank you!!

Sometimes Abigail has white that's just milk. I'd bump up probiotics for both of you just in case.
    ~ Shannon
    Michael, Married October, 2003
    Jessica, June 2005 ~ Kyle, September 2007 ~ Michaela, March 2010 ~ Abigail, June 2012