Thread: Tell me the truth

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Tell me the truth

Please feel free to be blatantly honest with me: Monday we got our bfp. Yesterday I went for a blood test, since I have had a m/c. My hcg was 91 and my progesterone was 12.9. My OB said they are looking for anything above a 10. I go for repeat bloodwork tomorrow afternoon, so I will know if the hcg doubled on Thursday morning. I'm so anxious to see it double.

My question is: are these numbers ok? Good? Bad? So-so??? I just want to know if this bean is sticking so badly...

And I'm in my 5th week, btw...

Thanks!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

Um, or I'm in my 4th week? My last mp started September 2nd!!

As far as I know, it's really hard to tell about the HCG # at this point - the doubling rate is usually the most important thing. So I would think you would know a bit more after your next set of bloodwork. I'm sure the waiting is very hard though. Best wishes to you for a sticky bean -

And I have heard the same thing about progesterone - wanting it to be over 10.

I do not know but, I will be keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you!

Sounds okay to me. I was under the impression that the "normal" range for progesterone in the first trimester is 12-20, but that people have had successful pregnancies with the number as low as 9. Even with that stricter range, you're still in the normal range! Plus, progesterone should rise gradually throughout the first trimester, and you're still very early.

That first number only answers the yes or no question "are you pregnant?". The second number can tell you if the pregnancy is progressing. I hope you get great news with your next blood draw!

hope this is a sticky bean for you Kirsten! Congratulations

I agree with the other ladies about needing a 2nd HCG number to get insight into the viability of the pregnancy. As far as progesterone goes, mine was at 13 around 3w5d with this baby, and I didn't have to go on supplements or anything. GL!

I think your numbers look good, but you do need to see a second HCG to check for doubling. With my DS, my progesterone was a 9 and my first HCG was 27. If your progesterone stays low, they can give you supplements (which suck, but of course, it's well worth it!). Best of luck. I hope you've got a sticky little bean!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to know there are supplements for progesterone....though I'm hoping I won't need them. I went for my 2nd draw today, so I will know at 10am tomorrow what the verdict is...

Quote Originally Posted by babykenny View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad to know there are supplements for progesterone....though I'm hoping I won't need them. I went for my 2nd draw today, so I will know at 10am tomorrow what the verdict is...
    Hope you get great results tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette Fan View Post
    Hope you get great results tomorrow
    Thanks Erica. I really appreciate your positivity.

Hcg went up to 256!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babykenny View Post
    Hcg went up to 256!!!! Woo hoo!!!
    Yeah for the great news

thanks. i just have to get to the 17th now, when I have my first u/s... I just want to hear that heartbeat so badly...