Thread: I think it's an early loss... :(

Default I think it's an early loss... :(

Hey everyone--

I just "rejoined" APA (became active again) last week when I found out out I had BFP!!! Beta was 64 last Wedesday at 4 weeks 2 days. I was excited....but yesterday I had bright red bleeding. I went in for another blood test and beta hcg was only at 97.

I had two miscarriages before my daughter---and have since been using progesterone with each new pregnancy (including this one).....but, the beta numbers pretty much say it all.

I'm really sad about it.... I have to go in for an ultrasound on Monday to make sure, but I'm positive it's not good. I hate this feeling like you're in limbo.

Over the last few years after my son was born, I've lost 100 lbs and feel like I'm at the healthiest I've ever been---and yet here we are again with a miscarriage.

I guess I was just hoping to hear from some other gals who've had early miscarriages, too. Not bleeding right now, but--they told me to keep using my progesterone until we have the ultrasound.

Blessings and healthy babies to all!!!

Allison

M/C July '06, Sept. '06, ectopic pregnancy Oct. '12

I go for my second hcg tomorrow (got my bfp on Monday) to compare numbers. My hcg yesterday was 91 and progesterone was 12.9. I had an early m/c in January, and was a mess. So I totally understand. There is nothing you can do to control the situation. At least you have 2 blessings already that you can focus your love on, and you might be early enough that if this doesn't work your body will take care of versus a D&C??? Keep us posted, and I'll send you some good vibes and prayers.
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

So your 2nd beta was Monday? If that's the case then I think it's pretty likely to be another loss. I'm so sorry hon! Prog can't help with something like a chromosomal issue. Usually that's what it is this early on. Huge hugs! I had five losses in between #2 and #3.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

Kirsten and Jess---thank you so much for responding.... I pretty much "know" all of this stuff, but for whatever reason, it feels good to talk about with other people...

Yes, I know this is an early loss..."chemical pregnancy" I guess is the term. I'm hoping my period will start again soon so we can try again.

Jess--5 losses between 2 and 3?!? I'm so sorry!!!! We're they all early miscarriages? Did they figure out why? Was it just bad luck?

Kirsten, I'm sorry for your loss as well. NI matter how early it is...it's still a loss.

Thanks, friends.

NicoleS Guest

I am so sorry for your loss. I had one m/c at about 5.5-6 weeks between Jasmine and Athena. I'd known I was pregnant for about 10 days or so when I started bleeding. My numbers that day was 200 or so, and I was back to testing negative on a stick after about 4 days. It sucks, and it's sad, but remember that something like 1 out of 4 pregnancies end in m/c - like the other girls said it was likely a chromosomal thing and nothing you could have done. The good news for me is that I had one complete cycle afterward and then got pregnant with Athena.

I'm sorry. No matter what you call them, chemical pregnancies or what, it's still really hard to go through. I've had two early losses, one before my DD, and one just before this pregnancy (which I am still praying sticks).

Hugs.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie1980 View Post
    Kirsten and Jess---thank you so much for responding.... I pretty much "know" all of this stuff, but for whatever reason, it feels good to talk about with other people...

Yes, I know this is an early loss..."chemical pregnancy" I guess is the term. I'm hoping my period will start again soon so we can try again.

Jess--5 losses between 2 and 3?!? I'm so sorry!!!! We're they all early miscarriages? Did they figure out why? Was it just bad luck?

Kirsten, I'm sorry for your loss as well. NI matter how early it is...it's still a loss.

Thanks, friends.
    Thanks Allie. My heart is with you. It hurts no matter what. I was away from APA for a bit and came back too - this is such a nurturing place for us to be with others that truly empathize with our journey!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie1980 View Post

Thanks, friends.
    I have 1 copy of mthfr and needed a special prenatal, baby aspirin, and progesterone. I had two chemicals, one @ 6wks, 2 at 9-10wks. I am sending hugs and healing vibes!
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)