Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeding help with tiny baby

I second the Florababy suggestion .

Wanted to comment about the burning. When I took my 6th baby to the pedi at 3wks for reflux her throat, mouth, nasal passages, and upper lip (she refluxed out her mouth and nose) were all sore and inflamed from the reflux...I can only imagine what her esophagus must have looked like! The pedi said the meds would keep her from further damage but the tissue that is inflammed/burned would take time to heal. I noticed a difference in the crying/arching after 3days on prevacid and by 3wks she seemed like a new baby...happy as ever (I had eliminated dairy/soy too so I'm assuming that helped with the degree of reflux too).

My pedi said the same thing about the paci. I had never done a paci for any of my babies until the last 3 because of reflux. It has helped and although I'm not fond of using them (lol, it's a love/hate thing ) it's worth it.

Thinking of you (((HUGS)))...praying the smaller/frequent feedings help and Libby is on her way to some super happy, growing days !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by Racegirl766k View Post
    I think the twins is a combination of things at this point. 1) their reflux, which their not on meds for since it's not severe enough most days. 2) the longer she goes without pooping (she goes at least once every 24 hrs) the fussier she gets about eating and 3) I think she is teething :'(
    This all makes sense. I also thought about the teething, but Libby doesn't seem to have any teeth buds. The boys didn't get their first tooth until 6 mos and 11 mos, so I'm anticipating it'll be a while for Libby, yet. Who knows, though! I certainly hope that they can get some relief. Makes complete sense.

Kelly, thank you! That reflux is *so* nasty! The paci suggestion makes more sense, the more I think about it. I think it just kind of took me off-guard at first, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks3 View Post
    Thank you, loveNmybelly! I think macksmom recommended probiotics, too. Where do you guys get them? We have a health store in town that I was going to check out. Hopefully they have it. Does the powder have a taste to it? Do you know its name by chance?

And thanks for the 12lb night feeding tip! I did not know that! My older two fed throughout the night until they were one, but they woke on their own. I've never had a baby that sleeps!! I've been waking her twice, so she's getting 17oz per day, which is much closer to her 18oz min.
    Sorry for the broken message! Was responding with a baby in my lap Florababy is a good brand. There are usually several at all natural food stores, like whole foods, etc. It needs to be refridgerated or the good bacteria don't survive, so walgreens sells them but they aren't cold so they wouldn't be live.....they don't have a taste.

Some doctor's say 10 pounds to sleep thru the night but the dietician I work with with my infant/toddler private clients says 12 or up. For the first year she really thinks night feedings are important for breastfed babies b/c of how fast they digest the breastmilk. I know, a sleeping one is soooo nice!! my 2nd slept thru the night until he started teething at 8 months and then started waking again...but he was 20 pounds by 6 months, chunky monkey my other 2 have woken/wake often

Good luck!! Hope you are less stressed!!