Thread: Juice boxes

Default Juice boxes

My darling children very diplomatically, and with a united front, have asked me if they could have juice boxes in their lunch once or twice a week WITH their water bottles. Because EVERYONE else has them, you know.
    I have decided this is reasonable enough and was wondering what you all consider to be the best brand. Thanks!

When traveling we sometimes get these Honest Tea drink pouches or maybe they are called Honest Kids (I really try not to give them juice since it always seems to mess with their tummies). They are pouches so I don't if that would count as a juice box, they are organic though.

Pouches, boxes..no matter. I'll take a look at those, thanks. I have never bought juice boxes! My dad gets juice for the kids sometimes at his house and that is normally the only time they have it.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I HATE buying juice! We make our own apple and grape juice so I avoid buying any if possible. But when I do I usually go with whatever I can find that states the fruit is US grown (pisses me off that places like Tree Top have outsourced apples from china when we have so many here in the states!) and organic if possible. No certain brands stick out to me because I really only buy it for if they're having a field trip or I have to bring juice for a class party. Otherwise they take water bottles and if they really want milk they can buy it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I've heard good things about Apple and Eve organic juice boxes. They also make Fruitables juice boxes which I buy which are supposed to be "all natural". They are my preferred juice box.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They have a line of "reduced calorie" juice boxes that are all natural, no added sugar and very diluted with water.

The Honest Kids ones are very watered down, the first ingredient is water, which is why I buy them

I bought the honest kids ones when DD was in kindergarten but she had trouble getting the straw in. The motts for tots ones have a lot less sugar...the key (for me at least) is lower sugar vs organic. I was buying natures promise organic and they have TONS of sugar! So i prefer to just look for lower sugar varieties. They also have horizon organic milk boxes if u can get them to take that instead and would prefer milk over juice?

No milk for us. No one likes it.
    I don't like the high sugar either so that's something I will need to pay attention to.

Do they sell this stuff over there?

http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things-we-make

That's what I send with Travis; we like their orange juice here at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    No milk for us. No one likes it.
    I don't like the high sugar either so that's something I will need to pay attention to.

Will the teachers help them with straws if they need it? The Honest kids ones typically have a quarter to half the sugar of other juice boxes pouches (9grams average vs 13-15 for other brands).

Fruitables are also low in sugar I think.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (20M)

It has a 1/3 less sugar according to the website. You can also get a coupon on the website too. 6g sugar.

Ingredients for Apple Harvest:
    Juice from
    concentrate (filtered water
    suffcient to reconstitute
    apple, sweet potato, pear,
    purple carrot, beet, carrot,
    butternut squash and tomato
    juice concentrates) filtered
    water, natural flavors, citric
    acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C),
    vegetable color, vitamin A
    palmitate, vitamin E acetate.

From here: http://www.appleandeve.com/public_do...fruitables.pdf
    Last edited by MamaKat; 10-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

I'll have to give the Fruitables a try with Emme. The box is a little smaller (less juice), but if she doesn't notice I would actually be happy about that.

I can't remember the name, but they're in the organic aisle and they also have veggie juice mixed in. Gah, wish I could remember now. I think I only bought them once or twice, and the last time was in April. I'm going to be getting some this week for Seren's birthday party next week too.

**Lizzo**

We do the Honest Kids pouches or the Fruitables. Our grocery store just started carrying a store brand organic juice box so we will try those next!
    Formerly villagespin