Thread: You ladies made me do it!!!!

Default You ladies made me do it!!!!

I bought the Taking Charge of your Fertility book! It's all your fault! I want to learn more about temping so I do it right next cycle. Any hints, tips? What information should I know about temping? Anyone temp Vaginally, what's the pros and cons?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Love that book! Just make sure you buy a thermometer made for BBT and temp at the same time every day. Some people can be a little more lenient and others have to be fairly strict about doing it at the same time, with a certain amount of hours of sleep, etc etc. Good luck (it's addicting).

I temp vaginally- don't see any downsides except I wouldn't want to lend anyone else my thermometer now (even though I clean it every day! )

It's just hard temping in general, waking up at the same time every day with work and a DH who tosses and turns at night (wake up sometimes that might throw it off) but with unreliable opks it helps

Do you get up to go to the bathroom before temping vaginally? I don't mean go pee but just go into the other room. I'm not sure how DH will feel about it right next to him, might spook him lol

03/22/13

5. Default

I always do it vaginally since I breathe through my mouth. Don't get up as it can change your waking temperature. I just temp right away as soon as I wake. DH never eve knows I am doing it.
    Sarah (31) & DH Matt (35)

Yup, you gotta make sure you temp before your feet touch the ground.

Ehh. if he wakes up and sees you rustlng around he might even get in the mood for BDing Im sure he wont find it odd but yes you cant get up beforehand GL!!

I purchased this book too a couple weeks ago. At first I was overwhelmed and felt a little dumb! I'm figuring it out slowly...one step at a time! I have been temping orally for about 2 weeks now. I'm not sure if the thermometer I'm using is a BBT or not. Its a digital that measures to the 1/10th of a degree which is what the book recommends. I looked at the information on it and it didn't say BBT or fever thermometer. I'll use it for now since it is what I have and maybe for next cycle get one that I know is a BBT.

Allie, you will love temping! I mean don't get me wrong, it is a bit of a pain at times. I run a leadership group here and we go on a retreat every year (basically camping in back woods cabins) and early in the morning, everyone heard my beep, beep, beep...etc. It really is worth it to see exactly what your cycles are doing! I had no idea that I "O"ed that late in my cycle. No wonder I kept missing my O date! Also, get your CD 21 progesterone test done to confirm your O. That is also helpful. Good luck to you!! I hope you get your BFP!!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a

I love Amazon! I just checked to see where my book was and it's already at the post office and will be delivered tomorrow! 2 day shipping when I only paid for standard shipping, good thing I didn't spend the extra money to get expedited shipping, so excited to start reading it all weekend, well except Saturday, we are going four wheeling from sun up to sun down in the mountains! Suppose to be 60's and sunny with all the leaves at their peak colors of red, orange and yellows! We need it, been a stressful week for me at work and with Provera I am an emotional wreck.

03/22/13

tiggerlb Guest

I have another book called "Charting your way to conception" downloaded to my Computer. Pm me your e-mail addy and I will send a copy to you. If you would want it.

PM Sent!!

03/22/13

getting my copy tomorrow!!! excited!!!

Good job in getting a book! I wish you to get pregnant before you finish reading it!!!
    ZOE EMMA: LIFE, LOVE and EVERYTHING[/COLOR]

I read the book but I got more help from the ladies on this site then I did the book. The best thing I can say is most get the most accurate temps Vaginally, after 3 hrs of continuous sleep and at about the same time every morning. Now I know that I can get an accurate temp as long as I do it after 3 hrs of sleep orally and it does not even have to be at the same time. But watch out as seasons change especially if you go from using a fan one night to a comforter the next cause it can throw off your temps. Good luck with TTC and

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog