Thread: Glad I had this room...

Hybrid View

Default Glad I had this room...

back when ds moved up to being a nursing toddler. I had plenty of support to breastfeed when he was a baby, but moved into unfamiliar territory when nursing him after a year. I'm so glad I followed my gut and kept going to 30 months. After dd was born it was just the norm and I didn't worry about continuing to nurse her while pregnant and wasn't even concerned about the thought tandem nursing. This had been such a blessing for me in the last few weeks. First, while still in the hospital, every time a new nurse came in after my boys had passed, she would get this worried look and start to gently suggest things I should be doing to suppress my milk coming in. I imagine that having milk come in is one of the hardest things most of the mothers who lost their baby/babies like I did deal with. I was able to tell the nurses that I was still nursing my two-year-old and was not worried about my milk. Then when it did come, I only had two days of slight engorgement and it's been smooth sailing since. It's been such a relief that I didn't have to deal with the emotional and physical pain and it's been helpful for dd to be able to still have that connection with me while we've been dealing with such an emotional experience.

This may be kind of a weird post, but I just had to express how grateful I am for the support I got here (and just by reading because I never really posted many questions). You ladies are THE BEST!

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Awe. Very bittersweet but I'm glad this part isn't as bad for you as it is for women who don't have any place for their milk to go. I know lots of women post about the pain it causes emotionally. Good job momma. Congrats on 2+ years especially with all the stress and emotional upheaval you have dealt with.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I'm sure your nursing sessions will be extra-special and comforting to both you and your DD during this difficult time.

bigs hugs. I am glad that you and DD have a new bond.

I'm so glad you didn't have to deal with the physical and emotional pain that goes along with engorgement, and that you've been able to connect with your dd in this way. I continue to think of you and your family.

I can't imagine what you've gone through. After I lost my pregnancy with my son, my milk did come in and it was horrible. I'm so glad you have you DD and can have that extra special bond to get you guys through this time.
    Christina(38) DH-Rob(38)DD-Rylee(4) DS-T.J. 11/2/08-Always missing my baby boy. mm/c 04/12 My Triploidy baby - Long, long journey, but truly blessed to have my DD!! Chart-TTC#2 again

A thousand hugs.
    Audrey (38) DH (34), Lilly (DD), Logan (DS). Breastfeeding is more than feeding. It is communication between mother and baby. It is a form of nurturing; it is an act of love.