Thread: Trying to conceive with VERY irregular periods.....

KristinaM Guest

Default Trying to conceive with VERY irregular periods.....

Hello, I am new to this site so I apologize in advance if I'm not navagating around here correctly.

I have not taken my birth control pills since January 2011 and still I am not pregnant....I have been to 2 OB-GYN's the first one was a total waste of our time. He told me I had about 5 things wrong with me, which is not true at all. My dr now confirmed that all is okay with me and my fiance (he went for a total of 3 speciman tests) the first test came back with "lazy swimmers", second one there was less then .1 of a million, and the third one came back just fine (maybe bc he waited 7 days to do it instead of the 3-4 days(I sure hope that isn't the case)).

I have had "reverse" periods as I like to call it...bascially it is straight forward, I have my period for about 22-27 days and then off for about a week. It has bascially been like this since getting off my pill. I have done all the tests that need to be done to confirm that nothing is wrong with me internally, just my very irregular period. My doctor put me on my first cycle of Clomid (she said that it may help with the irregularity of my period) day 3-7. I started it this month (Sept) and made love every second day between days 10 and 18. I think I ovulated a couple days ago bc my right side had a pain in all day long. But along with the pain came some bleeding...My doctor said not to worry about it, sent me for a pregnancy test just incase, came back negative . The day after I ovulated (or what I believe was me ovulating) I had my period very bad for the day and every morning since then I have had very heavy bleeding that stops mid morning/early afternoon.

I have so many questions about this that it makes my head spin. I wasn't expecting to get pregnant my first round of Clomid, but of course it would of been an amazing feeling..I don't know if I should take Clomid so soon after having just taken it bc I don't know if this is the start of a new cycle or not. But it feels like everytime I ovulate (I have taken OPK's in the past) and after I ovulated I would start bleeding full on again so I just don't know and my OB-GYN doesn't know when its my acutal period either...

Sorry for the long post but I am so confused and all my family/friends can get pregnant with a drop of a dime and don't understand what I am going thru.

Thanks for listening/reading!!

Kristina

!

I don't know much about it but maybe ask for a 5day course of Provera to induce af so you have a starting point and then start the Clomid on cd3-7 for ovulation?

(((HUGS)))...thinking of you!

It sounds very odd that you are having such long periods. I don't know that Clomid is designed to deal with that.

My understanding is that you shouldn't take Clomid for more than six cycles. I've done four and was starting to experience bad side effects at the end. I won't take it again. In your shoes, I would not want to "waste" a Clomid cycle because there is a limit and other drugs are more expensive. It is definitely important that you take it early in the cycle or it won't work. Provera is a good suggestion.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I agree with pp, and I would also recommend having bloodwork done to check to see if you have ovulated on Clomid. If your period started right after you finished Clomid, you may not have ovulated even with the Clomid. You may even see if your GYN will do u/s monitoring so you can see how many follies you produce. That can help you time your BD'ing to optimize your chances. Good luck!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1). September 2014: TTC #3!

Blog Entries

So what you mean is that you bleed for 22-27 days and then stop for a week, right? As I said in your other thread in TTC this is not good. It could make you anemic or much worse. If you were to even ovluate how would the sperm even be able to swim to the egg with all the blood coming out (and I doubt that it is the right consitency/pH/etc for the sperm to move through). I really think that you need to address why you are bleeding so much before you will be able to get pregnant.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

KristinaM Guest

My doctor was going to perscribe me Provera, she did blood work and found out that I do indeed ovulate, we just don't know when exactly I do. I have been tested for infections, all came back negative. She sends me for blood work every month on day 21 (which is today) and then it lets her know all my levels and if I ovulated this month. She said if I don't get pregnant within 3 months I have to make an appt and go see her and then we will go from there, whether it be I take a higher dosage or we start looking into IVF or IUI. My doctor said I am able to get pregnant with me bleeding this much bc it isn't a "full flow" alot of the time. I hope she isn't saying this to make me feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    So what you mean is that you bleed for 22-27 days and then stop for a week, right? As I said in your other thread in TTC this is not good. It could make you anemic or much worse. If you were to even ovluate how would the sperm even be able to swim to the egg with all the blood coming out (and I doubt that it is the right consitency/pH/etc for the sperm to move through). I really think that you need to address why you are bleeding so much before you will be able to get pregnant.
    I really agree with this.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hi Kristina...and Welcome! I am so sorry that you are going through so much right now. Are you temping at all? I used to hate temping when I first started ttc but now I realize that it is a true picture of what is going on with my body and you begin to learn your cycle trends. Also, you stated that the dr. confirmed you "O"ed, did they do a CD 21 progesterone test? If so, what was that number? Anything above a 10, most Dr.'s will feel that is a sign that you ovulated. I am concerned about your extremely long bleeding "AF" cycles. What is your dr. doing to shorten your AF? How long are your normal cycles (from start of AF to the day before you start your next AF)?

We are all here to help you...Hugs to you during this rough time!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a