Hi all,

I'm new here and I need some help deciphering my symptoms (or possible symptoms).

Date of my last period: August 23rd

Date of unprotected sex: September 15th

Period was due: On or around September 21st

I apologize ahead of time for the TMI.

Beginning this past weekend I had mild cramps, slightly sore breasts, slight nausea on and off, a metallic taste in my mouth on and off, headaches on and off, fatigue on and off, severe insomnia (not something I usually suffer from), bloating, a white discharge, more frequent urination, some very minor bouts of an upset stomach, hot flashes, darkened nipples, some abnormal phlegminess, and no period.

Today most of the symptoms disappeared. I'm tired and sluggish I feel a tiny bit like I have a very minor cold, but that could be from not sleeping, and I've had VERY VERY mild cramps and twinges in my lower abdomen, and a very slight metallic taste in my mouth (I've been drinking lots of OJ to get rid of it, something I don't usually drink much of) but that's it. My breasts don't hurt, my nipples are lighter (still a tiny bit darker than usual but not as dark as they were this weekend), and I feel fine in general. I know my calendar was off, but why did I miss my period? And why have I had random cramping but no bleeding?

I took a home pregnancy test today and it came up negative. Is it too early for symptoms? Was it too early to test? Was I imagining everything? Why did all of those symptoms suddenly disappear (except the fatigue, but again, that could be from the insomnia)?

Thank you so very much for your help.