Thread: Another box checked

Default Another box checked

Today we got our fingerprints and CPS reports notarized and turned in. We got super lucky. The lady who did our fingerprints was a notary so that was easy. When we went to DSS to drop them off afterward there were two kids in there...my guess is for visitation or something. They were super cute. One was about 12 months, maybe a little longer and she grinned so big and came right up to me. Felt like a sign or something. But yay! Now is another wait. We just have to wait until this stuff comes back. They said it would be 10-12 weeks and then we do our PRIDE class and we'll officially be an open home!

Thankfully, we're crazy busy this time of year. We're already exhausted. Lol. I'm working a lot and DH is in his last semester of college plus he works full time so he's crazy busy. This weekend we're driving 12 hours to visit my family in FL and will be there for about a week. Then we have all of our fun fall activities we do, plus our anniversary, then Thanksgiving and Christmas. We should be certified shortly after that so I think it's good that we're doing this while we're busy. We might need to find a way to be busy though while we're waiting for a placement too. Lol.

Just had to say another yay! Feels good every time we get through another step.
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

...what a great Christmas gift that'll be ! This time of year goes so fast anyway...I hope time flies for you!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

So excited for you guys.
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

That is very exciting, congrats Leah!

Im glad to hear that you are getting things rolling hun. I can not wait to see the post and the pictures of your new addition.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

Definitely feels good as the boxes get checked!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Thank you so much ladies! Waiting for the background checks to come back kind of sucks because it feels like it'll take forever. We're super busy right now though so I'm sure it'll go by fast. We just need to get our DMV reports which I guess isn't a big deal and finish up our paperwork and there's not a whole lot left. Yay! The hard part will be getting DH to sit down and fill out the home study paperwork. He's in his last semester of school and ended up needing two extra classes. He's like an exhausted taz manian devil right now. Lol.
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007