Thread: Joining....

Smile Joining....

Hey ladies!
    I'm joining over here because there is a serious lack of twin mommies on my normal board and I'm def looking for more support and buddies!

I am currently 9w6d pregnant with Mono/Di twins. I have a 3 yr old son already and I had 3 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy. It was def a surprise when we found out about the babies. I am on progesterone due to the previous losses. I have seen the babies a couple of times and both have looked great with good HBs each time.

Yesterday I started having some bleeding, no cramping, but I went to the ER just in case. Babies still look great and they can't figure out where the bleeding was coming from. I'm on bed rest until tomorrow when I see my Dr. Bleeding has seemed to stop except for a little this morning when I got up from bed. I am relieved to know the babies are OK, but still freaked out about why the bleeding.

I had a friend recommend this forum to me since I was freaking out yesterday, so I spent some time yesterday lurking and it seemed like a great friendly place for me to join. I can't wait to get to know everyone better!!

Congratulations on your twins! I had unexplained bleeding with my twins at 9 weeks 5 days. My OB said it can be, "normal" for some. My twins are now three. Hope you have the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Congratulations on your twins! I had unexplained bleeding with my twins at 9 weeks 5 days. My OB said it can be, "normal" for some. My twins are now three. Hope you have the same result.
    Thanks!! It's nice hearing that my chances are still good
    ~Elaina~

Congrats! I didnt have any bleeding with my twins, however I did with my DS who is now 6! Glad you joined us here hoping you have a very H&H 9 months!

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

Welcome! I had bleeding around 7-9 weeks with my twins, spent 48hrs on bedrest and remained on Progesterone with no further bleeding. Those wild women are in Kindergarten now!
    Dee Dee, Mom to 2 handsome young men & 2 beautiful girls!

Quote Originally Posted by Racegirl766k View Post
    Congrats! I didnt have any bleeding with my twins, however I did with my DS who is now 6! Glad you joined us here hoping you have a very H&H 9 months!
    This. But my DS who I bled with is now almost 4.

Welcome!

Welcome! No experience for you on the bleeding but I hope everything goes well for you!
    My 3 yo cuties!

Congratulations! I am 22 weeks along with boy/girl twins and had the WORST bleeding I've ever had at 7ish weeks. I thought I was done for sure, but the babies were doing great. I spotted for a good while afterwards and they never figured out why. My RE said some women just bleed and it was quite common in twin and IVF pregnancies. So far everything continues to progress nicely! I wish for you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Thanks, everyone!!

I feel much better hearing it's "normal".

I had a follow up apt today and the babies still look great. The Dr told me to take it easy and stay on pelvic rest, but it was probably just random since everything else looks great. I really hope this is a one time thing!!
    ~Elaina~

Congratulations on your twins and welcome! I don't have any experience with bleeding with my twin PG, but I've heard lots of moms say they have and not once in all the stories I've heard has it turned out badly. I wish you a happy and healthy PG!

Welcome to APA! Hope you love it here. Lots of super nice, smart & funny ladies here.
    I also had some bleeding around that same time with our trio. Scary for sure!
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Hi! I had bleeding with my last PG (a singleton) that lasted for WEEKS on and off.

This time with our twin girls - I had a MASSIVE bleed at about 6 weeks. A huge mass and a ton of blood. We thought for sure we lost the baby. After hours in the ER we had an ultrasound and BAM - 2 babies It is more common with twins. I was told that sometimes blood pools between the placenta and the uterus and that as the placenta grows and shifts that pooled blood can leak out and basically scare the crap out of us As long as they saw nothing wrong on the U/S it sounds good! Congrats and welcome!

Thanks, everyone!!!
    ~Elaina~

Congrats on your mono di twins!!!! Super exciting! I had some bleeding with my boys AT 12 weeks unknown cause. Everything was fine! I was diagnosed with twin to twin transfusion syndrome later in the pregnancy. With carrying mono di twins I would just become aware of the signs of that. If you have Facebook look up the foundation page or you could even google the website. There is only a 10-15% chance of all mono di twins that get TTTS but many ob's don't know much about it. Good luck!!! I wish you the best during your entire pregnancy!!!

My amazing daughter born 5/6/09
    my little miracle boys born 5/11/2012 at 32 weeks