Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your guys expert opinion

Default I need your guys expert opinion

Long story short... I took provera for 5 days and then had AF for 6 days. After AF left I took ovulation tests each day and today I saw the faintest of lines...I'm very anxious to see if the line gets darker tomorrow. The first few days of taking the ovulation tests I wasn't waiting long enough to see if a positive line showed up.

So it looks like I will ovulate...if we don't conceive then I will have AF next month, right? And then, will I ovulate again next month????

That's great! Sounds like you are on track to O this month.

Of course there are no guarantees, but it's a good sign you are Oing on your own. I would keep at it with the OPKs, definitely. Good luck!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thank you! I'm super excited!!!

Are you temping? I put it off for so long until my Dr. asked me to do it and it is the only way that I can really know if I am "O"ing or not. I used the OPKs this month too and thought I had a positive, took a picture of it, and brought it in to the Dr. and she was not sure. The temp shift will really tell you the best story and your CM. I don't have a strong presence of CM so for me it was difficult.

It sounds like the Provera worked for you and that is great! DBD as much as possible right now! I really hope you get your BFP this month!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a

Well crap, I just took a opk and the line seemed lighter than yesterday's line

I'm not temping because I can't do it how you're supposed to (at the same time before moving in the morning).

I stopped bleeding on the 14th...could I have really O'd right after AF?

That seems really unlikely, but I think it's possible? I have long cycles and O late, so I have no experience with that.

On second though, I don't think I ovulated because the lines weren't anywhere near dark enough

This sucks!

OMG LOOK!!

I know this isn't positIve but I don't have to strain my eyes to see it!! I didn't test yesterday so I'm not sure if it's getting lighter or darker.

Try to test every 12 hours until you can see if it's getting darker or lighter.

Wow really? Every 12 hours?

That way you can be sure not to miss a surge. Usually it's every 24, but if you're close it's better to do 12.

Look, look, look!!!

Definitely a positive...hope this is your month!

OH that is definately a positive OPK!! I have never had one that dark before! Get busy hun! Do the BD!! Yay...I hope to hear good news soon!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a

Oh wow this is exciting!!!

Woo hoo! Get busy, girl!

Yay, good luck!!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

I took another opk this evening and the line was lighter than the control line. Is it normal to have a positive opk just one time like that?

Yep - that's why I said to test every 12 hours. If you hadn't tested when you did, but tested later, you would have missed it!

It's a good thing you told me to test twice! Thanks!!!!

I had my appointment today with the RE. I definitely O'd My uterus looked fine and so did my ovaries. There were some white little floaty specks in my bladder/pee...not sure what that was (the doc mentioned it could be a UTI but I don't have any symptoms of that). They took 10 vials of blood, prescribed thyroid meds and I get my TSH tested again in 6 weeks.

Other than the possible UTI, great update! Yuck for 10 vials of blood, though!

I got some of my results back today. This was taken 6-7 DPO (on cycle day 23)

Progesterone 2.53
    FSH 1.8
    Estradiol 100.7

From what little I've read online, my progesterone seems low. Thoughts?

My first thought too was that the progesterone seems low, but I haven't researched what "normal" should be. Did the doc say anything about it?
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Wish I could help, since my doc just blew me off about my progesterone concerns. I'll be stalking for details.

No, the doc hasn't said anything about it b/c I haven't talked to her yet. I will call tomorrow and get her interpretation.

That sucks that your doc blew you off about your concerns, Gwenn.

I'm seriously annoyed about it but this is your thread and I won't hijack. The short answer is he turned down my request for testing but agreed to give me supplements in case it was an issue. I don't get it, though - he said I couldn't truly check my progesterone without invasive testing but people on here do blood work and get a number? I really don't get why he wouldn't do blood work in my case given my legitimate concerns.

OMG that's annoying!

those progesterone numbers indicate anovulation... sorry Either that or a REALLY weak O. Over 5 indicates O, but preferrably over 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird_kay View Post
    those progesterone numbers indicate anovulation... sorry Either that or a REALLY weak O. Over 5 indicates O, but preferrably over 8.

Ya that's what I thought too but according the the ultrasound the RE said I O'd...she even pointed out the egg.

I emailed my RE about my progesterone level.

AF came this morning....maybe next month.

Sorry about AF. Good idea to ask the RE about it.