For my county's foster/adoption licensing program. We have to get licensed before we can enter the system and these 8 classes (ugh - late nights after long days, costing us about 1000 in babysitting feed) are one of the hurdles. It's supposed to train us but more important to us, it will answer many of our outstanding questions: what do you do when you fall in love with a kid only to see them go back to a bad home? Or you don't fall in love with a kid and they have to go back? Or how does our 3 yo adjust to having playmates and potential siblings coming in and out of the house? What if a child is volient towards our son? etc.

My husband is doing this somewhat reluctantly. Maybe not kicking and screaming but he's clearly not thrilled. He says that he's open to hearing what they have to say, but it's mostly b/c he thinks that I'll resent him for the rest of our lives if we don't do this. I don't know if that's the case, but I know that the desire to have a bigger family, to help these kids, is overpowering. For me. We'll see how it (and the home study, safety inspection, etc) goes.

(Posting here b/c few people know that we're doing this. I think that most believe that it's just something that we're saying, not doing. And the rest, I guess it's worth mentioning if we follow through. So I'm telling you b/c I have no one else to tell.)