Thread: What do you ladies think?

Blog Entries

Default What do you ladies think?

I was just thinking that maybe I would like to have some reminder of the three babies that I lost - maybe a necklace. I'm also thinking about what I would like to have in the necklace. I can't decide if I want to do their expected birthstones or the birth stones of the months that we lost them. I do tend to think of them as the baby that we would have had in their expected birth month. I'm not sure what I should do but expect to have some rough days soon as the first one that I lost was due September 12th - so one week from today.

What types of things have you all done?
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I have a couple of things from this site http://www.myforeverchild.com/store/...antLossJewelry they have all sorts of things. It help me knowing I can Carry my lost Angels, and the twins around forever

I dress myself!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link! I like this one. I could do three butterflies..
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

I love My Forever Child and the piece you chose is gorgeous. I think I would chose the month that makes you feel most connected to them. Thinking of you in the hard weeks ahead.

I love the piece you chose too!! I wish no one every had to go through this pain.

Those are beautiful. I have an angel wing I keep in my jewelry box but I think I'll order one for my angel too. My dd came and went in June. It's bittersweet since I have new life growing inside me but I still mourn what life would be like right now with a new baby. Big hugs mommas.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I have a couple of things that were given to me at the time of a loss. I have a small stuffed angel teddy bear from my bff and a Black Hills gold necklace with the word hope my mom gave me. I really like this bracelet! http://www.myforeverchild.com/store/...lt.asp?One=635 Thanks for the link.

I've been thinking this same thing, Jess. My EDD is coming up in less than a month now, and I was really hoping for something (probably a necklace) to have for that date. It's going to be really, really hard.

My situation is a little different, because I've already been using a necklace (the one in my siggy, it's an egg with angel's wings, sitting on the moon) to remember my lost baby, and I'm thinking I need to... Not move on, per se, but accept my new family as it is- the three of us living, and one gone. So I was thinking some kind of "family" necklace. If I do birthstones, I will do the birth stone of the EDD, so October.

I know this would be so much easier if I were pregnant now, which I really really hoped I would be... Plus I would know what the birtstone of that child would be. As it is, I'm afraid to do birthstones, because what if I end up with another October baby? I don't that child to share a birtstone, because then what do I do? Get a second Oct one? Or just make them "share"? Or just tell the new child that it's his / hers and not mention our lost child? Anyway, those are the thoughts I'm dealing with as I try to figure out what I want to do. I guess I have a week or two more, because I hope to have the necklace by 10/3, and I figure I'll need to order it.

I didn't do anything like that for our one miscarriage but I have a friend who had 3 miscarriages before her twins. She wanted something to mark the miscarriages but didn't want to discuss it with other people a lot. I made her a beaded bracelet with their 4 birthstones, silver bead, then the 3 mc birthstones then silver bead. It repeated around the bracelet. She loved it b/c the pattern was clear to her but not to everybody.
    My 3 yo cuties!

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing with me what you all have decided to do. I do think that I would like a necklace and have been looking around. I also like this one. I think that the butterfly or this forget me not one would both be simple enough that people might only comment on what a nice necklace it was. Then it would be up to me to describe what the necklace represents.

I'm not big on bracelets but one like the one that you described would be perfect.

Something that is really special to me is a Christmas ornament that dh got me. It's a lenox heart with birthstones, one for each baby we lot, although we need to add one, I think. It is so hard putting it on the tree but it makes me feel closer to those littles waiting for me.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

My SIL painted our family tree and included our babies' initials in the vines encircling the tree. I love the bracelet idea though...may do that too.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I know I'm chiming in here really late but wanted to say how much I liked both of the items you chose. A friend of mine gave birth to a full-term little girl in October. It was her first child and there were complications during labor and the little one was stillborn. I'm not really close with this girl but I have had two losses myself and knew the pain well. I decided to get her a necklace to memorialize her baby for her. This is the style i chose for her https://www.etsy.com/transaction/99476382 In the middle I got her name and birthdate, and around the outside the words "too beautiful for earth" along with two charms. The baby footprints and an angel charm with her birthstone in it. I am really thrilled with how well it turned out and I am going to get my own done after Christmas.