Thread: Painful "dropping"

Default Painful "dropping"

I'm pretty sure my baby has dropped while we were walking around TOTing. It became very uncomfortable to walk. I've experienced my children dropping obviously lol but this seemed soo sudden. Like I felt it happening while it was happening. Not gradual like the others. That night I had painful contractions. When I have BHs, they usually just tighten. But these were accompanied with cramps. I feel what I think are her shoulders between my pelvic bones. And a constant pressure on my cervix. When she moves, sometimes it's soo painful that I clench all my muscles in the hopes it lessens the pain. My BHs aren't sore anymore, just tight.

Does it sound like she dropped? Or could she just be in an uncomfortable position? I'm only 32 weeks.

Blog Entries

You have SPD, too, right? I would think that would be the cause of the increased pain - while walking things loosened up even more and you have further bone separation. I was told that I needed to limit physical activity to avoid worsening the separation and to always stop if things became more painful.

But, you should call your doctor to make sure that nothing else is going on.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

I would double check with your doctor. I didn't notice a drop with Cody at all but, with Sophia I saw it when I took pictures and felt the pelvic pressure.

Lindsay (25) James (32) Cody (5) Sophia (2)

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    You have SPD, too, right? I would think that would be the cause of the increased pain - while walking things loosened up even more and you have further bone separation. I was told that I needed to limit physical activity to avoid worsening the separation and to always stop if things became more painful.

But, you should call your doctor to make sure that nothing else is going on.
    Self diagnosed. I know that's what I have, but I see a bunch of different midwives and no one has confirmed it. But I looked at myself in the mirror tonight and I have definitely dropped. It's insane!! I was feeling a ton of rib shots, but haven't since Halloween. And the pressure I feel is crazy. But the pain is the worst.