Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 449

Thread: Stc net

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    So the follie was ready....he didn't tell me how big just said it was a go. Got my Hcg trigger in the office and IUI tomorrow. Then I go to the office on we'd for my injectables class....three times in one week I will be there...starting to feel like a second home..lol oh well at least I really like the office! I have a terrible headache..sometimes I get one around ovulation so I am gonna take advantage of nap time and rest myself.

    How's everyone else doing?
    Sorry about the headache but that's great your follie is ready to go. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

    Quote Originally Posted by auntmommy View Post
    Yellow_hope you are feeling better and that your IUI goes well. Good Luck!

    Katie_ Sorry once again.

    Gwenn_ Have you tested.

    AFM_ Had a nice weekend with my family for the funeral and a family reunion that was already scheduled there. Feeling hormonal and waiting on af, she's not due for a couple more days so no testing and don't think I'm pregnant.
    I hope the funeral was as okay as such things can be.

    I'm waiting until Wednesday to test. I can't decide if I'm having symptoms or not - I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  2. #122

    Default

    Yellow -- Good luck with the IUI tomorrow!!!

    Gwenn -- Stay away AF! Can't wait for you to test on Wed!

    Auntmommy -- Maybe you will get a nice surprise in a couple days!

    AFM -- Started spotting today. AF or not, I will call the RE tomorrow. Hoping I don't have a cyst so I can go ahead with another IUI cycle this month.
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Sorry about the headache but that's great your follie is ready to go. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!



    I hope the funeral was as okay as such things can be.

    I'm waiting until Wednesday to test. I can't decide if I'm having symptoms or not - I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other.
    I can't wait until Wed to see your test. Have my fingers crossed for you! And I will take the headache if it means a successful cycle. I do remember the cycle I conceived my DD I got a headache around ovulation so hoping it is a good sign.

    Aunt mommy: glad the time with your family was as good as it could be under the circumstances. Hope to see your BFP soon too.

    Katie: how are you holding up?

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Yellow -- Good luck with the IUI tomorrow!!!

    Gwenn -- Stay away AF! Can't wait for you to test on Wed!

    Auntmommy -- Maybe you will get a nice surprise in a couple days!

    AFM -- Started spotting today. AF or not, I will call the RE tomorrow. Hoping I don't have a cyst so I can go ahead with another IUI cycle this month.
    Sending you **no cyst** vibes....NO cysts allowed! Hope you get some answers and if it is AF that you have a green light for the next month IUI!

  5. #125

    Default

    well we had a good IUI..... 45 million little swimmers....now for the long two weeks. This headache is still hanging around and it is annoying. I must be going to have one hell of an O.....I hope it either goes away or is gonna be rewarded with a BFP. I am hesitant to take anything either but may have to take some Tylenol or something if it doesn't go away. I thought I heard Advil can mess with .o so I will stay away from that.

    Gwenn: fingers crossed you haven't gotten AF yet. We need a bunch of BFPs like the TTC room has had.... Then we can all graduate to the expecting after struggling room and a DD room.

    Katie: hope you got ahold of the MD...KUP

    Aunt mommy: hope AF stays away for you too!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    No AF yet, no real symptoms either but I'm beginning to wonder. The plan is to test tomorrow am. I hate testing before work, though. If it's negative I have to go in and deal with a bunch of parents who've had their kids taken away from them by CPS, inevitably. It's hard to work with disabled kids when you're STC. We'll see.

    Glad to hear the IUI went so well! FX for you.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    No AF yet, no real symptoms either but I'm beginning to wonder. The plan is to test tomorrow am. I hate testing before work, though. If it's negative I have to go in and deal with a bunch of parents who've had their kids taken away from them by CPS, inevitably. It's hard to work with disabled kids when you're STC. We'll see.

    Glad to hear the IUI went so well! FX for you.

    Yeah I could see how it would be an extra slap in the face after a negative test to go work with people who don't deserve the kids they have. for you, sounds like your job makes STC extra hard. It is kinda awesome AF hasn't shown yet though. Could you grab a little FMU and save it for dipping after work......that way you can still test but not have to face work afterwards. Just make sure DH knows the plan and doesn't toss it out or *gasp* mistake it for lemonade...lol. Either way I am thinking of you and hoping the witch stays far far away!

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Yeah I could see how it would be an extra slap in the face after a negative test to go work with people who don't deserve the kids they have. for you, sounds like your job makes STC extra hard. It is kinda awesome AF hasn't shown yet though. Could you grab a little FMU and save it for dipping after work......that way you can still test but not have to face work afterwards. Just make sure DH knows the plan and doesn't toss it out or *gasp* mistake it for lemonade...lol. Either way I am thinking of you and hoping the witch stays far far away!
    LOL! I think DH would freak.out if I left a cup of FMU on the bathroom counter! He isn't what I would call a neat freak, but that would get to him! Great idea, though ... I'm going to have to work this one out in my mind somehow.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  9. #129

    Default

    Gwenn! Tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see that BFP!!! I love Yellow's idea about the cup of FMU on the counter all day long... could you put it in a cabinet where DH wouldn't see it? My DH and I don't share a bathroom so he wouldn't have to see it, lol. I know what you mean about testing before work... I always have trouble keeping it out of my mind and if I get a BFN it can put me in a bad mood all day. I should not have tested before work last week but what can ya do!

    Yellow -- sounds like a great O and a great IUI! You are next to get that BFP!!!

    AFM -- CD1 today, and I will be going in for CD3 baseline b/w and u/s. Hoping for no cysts, but at this point there is nothing I can do. It will be when it is meant to be! For tonight, I am enjoying watching the last night of my Olympic gymnastics with a glass of wine.
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Katie. Sorry to hear it's CD1.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  11. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Katie. Sorry to hear it's CD1.


    What she said....but I love that you are positive and enjoying a glass of wine and gymnastics. FX for no cysts!

  12. #132

    Default

    Yellow - glad to hear your IUI went well! Hope you have a quick 2ww!
    Gwenn - FX!
    Ktbelle - meh to cd1, but enjoy that glass of wine!
    AFM - I had my first RE appt today and DH and I were happy with how it went! She was awesome and I feel like we clicked with her. I'll give the short version - I had a pelvic u/s in April that detected a possible polyp/fibroid. My old OB thought the OB that read the u/s was over-diagnosing it so he did an unofficial follow-up u/s in the office - he didn't see anything, and happened to time it right to confirm that I do ovulate on my own. Well the RE wants to do another u/s (sonohysterogram). She thinks there is probably a polyp or a piece of placenta from my last pregnancy that is causing all of my irregular bleeding in the luteal phase, especially because I'm still bleeding even while taking 200mg prometrium 2x/day. Sooo hopefully it is just a polyp, they can remove it (a little wary of that surgery!), and we can be on our merry baby-making way! Ultrasound next Tuesday and results on Friday!
    Sorry, that short version wasn't that short!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Well, CD1 for me today. No need to test.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  14. #134

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Well, CD1 for me today. No need to test.
    sorry about CD1 .... Are you doing another IUI this cycle??

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Not this cycle. Doc wants me to take a break because my lining was only 4mm. He said back-to-back Clomid cycles will thin it out even more. DH and I really want to talk with him about coming up with a new plan. I'm so frustrated with all this.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  16. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn'sMama View Post
    Yellow - glad to hear your IUI went well! Hope you have a quick 2ww!
    Gwenn - FX!
    Ktbelle - meh to cd1, but enjoy that glass of wine!
    AFM - I had my first RE appt today and DH and I were happy with how it went! She was awesome and I feel like we clicked with her. I'll give the short version - I had a pelvic u/s in April that detected a possible polyp/fibroid. My old OB thought the OB that read the u/s was over-diagnosing it so he did an unofficial follow-up u/s in the office - he didn't see anything, and happened to time it right to confirm that I do ovulate on my own. Well the RE wants to do another u/s (sonohysterogram). She thinks there is probably a polyp or a piece of placenta from my last pregnancy that is causing all of my irregular bleeding in the luteal phase, especially because I'm still bleeding even while taking 200mg prometrium 2x/day. Sooo hopefully it is just a polyp, they can remove it (a little wary of that surgery!), and we can be on our merry baby-making way! Ultrasound next Tuesday and results on Friday!
    Sorry, that short version wasn't that short!
    I'm glad your RE appt went well! I have had some experiences with some of the things you may be dealing with. I had a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp at the beginning of STC #1. It was really no big deal, I had minimal pain and helped a friend move the next day. If you need to have the surgery, I hope yours goes smoothly too! The sonohysterogram is not too bad, just a little crampy but overall very manageable. Will you do any meds, TI, IUI, etc after your testing and possible surgery is over? I hope it all goes well and you are back to baby making in no time!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  17. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Not this cycle. Doc wants me to take a break because my lining was only 4mm. He said back-to-back Clomid cycles will thin it out even more. DH and I really want to talk with him about coming up with a new plan. I'm so frustrated with all this.
    I'm so sorry Gwenn. Clomid made my lining really thin too, I only did 1 IUI with it before switching meds because of the lining issue (I think my lining was 3mm on Clomid). Have you tried Femara? Or injectables? I would think one of those would be your next option if the Clomid does not seem to be working for you. If you switched meds, maybe you wouldn't have to take a month off? It might be worth calling the RE tomorrow to discuss your options, especially if you want to do another IUI this month. Lol, I need a cycle buddy! Another thought: a friend of mine who is also STC said she used some sort of medicine that helped her lining. I can't remember what it was but maybe you could ask your RE about that? Time for your glass of wine tonight!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  18. #138

    Default

    Update on me: The pharmacy called me to confirm my meds order and they had an extra cartridge of Follistim in my order. So I called the RE and it looks like he is going to up my dosage to 150iu this cycle. I'm a little nervous about the increase because usually he likes to go slow with me since I have PCOS, but I am excited that maybe I'll have more than one follie this time! At least he is making a change after the failed cycle -- the last thing I want is to keep doing something that isn't working. Going in for CD3 b/w and u/s tomorrow so I will update then.
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  19. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I'm so sorry Gwenn. Clomid made my lining really thin too, I only did 1 IUI with it before switching meds because of the lining issue (I think my lining was 3mm on Clomid). Have you tried Femara? Or injectables? I would think one of those would be your next option if the Clomid does not seem to be working for you. If you switched meds, maybe you wouldn't have to take a month off? It might be worth calling the RE tomorrow to discuss your options, especially if you want to do another IUI this month. Lol, I need a cycle buddy! Another thought: a friend of mine who is also STC said she used some sort of medicine that helped her lining. I can't remember what it was but maybe you could ask your RE about that? Time for your glass of wine tonight!!
    We asked about estrogen, but the doctor said he has tried that in the past and found it wasn't effective in any of his patients so he doesn't recommend it. He also said it makes the Clomid less effective.

    Does Femara have less issue with lining? If so, could be worth looking into. I o just fine on Clomid so that isn't the problem.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  20. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    We asked about estrogen, but the doctor said he has tried that in the past and found it wasn't effective in any of his patients so he doesn't recommend it. He also said it makes the Clomid less effective.

    Does Femara have less issue with lining? If so, could be worth looking into. I o just fine on Clomid so that isn't the problem.
    Yes -- Femara does not have any side effects that thin your lining. I remember you said you had a bunch of follies with Clomid so maybe Femara will do the trick for you! You will probably O similarly on Femara but your lining should be MUCH better.
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  21. #141

    Default

    No cysts today! We are a go for the August cycle! The RE has increased my dosage of Follistim at the beginning of the cycle but said he may back it down later depending on my response. Starting meds tonight!

    Gwenn - did you end up talking to the RE or are you definitely taking this month off?

    Auntmommy - how are you feeling? Will you be testing soon?

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    No, we'll be taking this month off for sure. We can't afford to pay 100% out of pocket for treatments every month, so either way we'll take a break.

    Yay for no cysts!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  23. #143

    Default

    Hi ladies,

    I hope its ok to join you in here. Nobody much in STC-A! Sorry to hear that it CD1 for Gwen and Ktbelle. Exciting about your new med regime though Ktbelle.

    We are about to start our TTC journey again. I'm feeling excited but nervous. Am I really ready to go through this all again? Early next week I'm going to call and make an appointment to discuss a plan for frozen embryo transfer. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of testing required etc. I'll kyp!

    Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Yes, please join us! I'd love to hear the details about your embryo transfer.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  25. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    No cysts today! We are a go for the August cycle! The RE has increased my dosage of Follistim at the beginning of the cycle but said he may back it down later depending on my response. Starting meds tonight!

    Gwenn - did you end up talking to the RE or are you definitely taking this month off?

    Auntmommy - how are you feeling? Will you be testing soon?

    yeah for no cysts! Sounds like you have a good gameplan!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ourou View Post
    Hi ladies,

    I hope its ok to join you in here. Nobody much in STC-A! Sorry to hear that it CD1 for Gwen and Ktbelle. Exciting about your new med regime though Ktbelle.

    We are about to start our TTC journey again. I'm feeling excited but nervous. Am I really ready to go through this all again? Early next week I'm going to call and make an appointment to discuss a plan for frozen embryo transfer. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of testing required etc. I'll kyp!
    of course you can join in...some of us ladies are STC-A anyways....and the more the merrier! We would love to hear about your transfer journey.


    AFM.... I attended my injectables class on Wednesday, it was good and went through the history and how the injectable gonadotropins are made, risks and benefits and discussed the monitoring and sequence of a typical cycle. They talked in depth about risks of multiples and also OHSS. We then had a chance to ask questions. It was not much new info for me since I have researched them but was a good review. Hopefully I won't even need to do them but if I do I am well informed. I start my progesterone supps tonight...UGH....messy...not my fav but hopefully will be worth it one of these times. Now I am just dragging through my 2ww.......

  26. #146

    Default

    Gwenn - sorry you have to take the month off. Paying out of pocket sucks... I know the feeling. Don't be a stranger this month! Will you TTC naturally just to see what happens?

    Ourou - of course you can post here! There are several of us who are STC-A including myself but you're right, there is not much traffic in that room. KUP on the details of your FET!

    Yellow - I hope you don't need the injectables because you are going to get that BFP this month! Yuck, progesterone is never fun but if it works it will all be worth it!

    AFM - I go in for b/w tomorrow morning so the RE will decide if I keep the higher dose or decrease. I'm keeping busy at work training a new PT so I havent even thought about STC much

    Have a great weekend all!!!

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Gwenn - sorry you have to take the month off. Paying out of pocket sucks... I know the feeling. Don't be a stranger this month! Will you TTC naturally just to see what happens?
    We'll see. STC has taken such a toll on us that we might or might not. The less pressure, the better. But I'll definitely be around cheering all of you on.

    Glad you're busy at work with lots to think about! That's best for me, too.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  28. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I'm glad your RE appt went well! I have had some experiences with some of the things you may be dealing with. I had a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp at the beginning of STC #1. It was really no big deal, I had minimal pain and helped a friend move the next day. If you need to have the surgery, I hope yours goes smoothly too! The sonohysterogram is not too bad, just a little crampy but overall very manageable. Will you do any meds, TI, IUI, etc after your testing and possible surgery is over? I hope it all goes well and you are back to baby making in no time!
    As of right now we are going to see what the u/s shows - if it's normal we will start clomid next cycle to see if the problem lies in the first half of my cycle. If there is a polyp that needs to be removed, we will do that and then likely try to conceive naturally for a cycle or two before starting clomid. I just hate the defeat each cycle af shows. -warning, mini-rant coming- I know I'm not in worst case scenario of all of this, and I'm amazingly lucky to have my DDs, but this whole STC just plain out stinks! I hate not having a definitive answer as to WHY my darn body won't just behave the way it's supposed to, especially since it did in the past!! Now, to counter my whining, I actually think that at this point it is bringing DH and I closer. We are so in this together.
    Sorry for the negativity - I know we can all do this! I just need more patience
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

  29. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn'sMama View Post
    As of right now we are going to see what the u/s shows - if it's normal we will start clomid next cycle to see if the problem lies in the first half of my cycle. If there is a polyp that needs to be removed, we will do that and then likely try to conceive naturally for a cycle or two before starting clomid. I just hate the defeat each cycle af shows. -warning, mini-rant coming- I know I'm not in worst case scenario of all of this, and I'm amazingly lucky to have my DDs, but this whole STC just plain out stinks! I hate not having a definitive answer as to WHY my darn body won't just behave the way it's supposed to, especially since it did in the past!! Now, to counter my whining, I actually think that at this point it is bringing DH and I closer. We are so in this together.
    Sorry for the negativity - I know we can all do this! I just need more patience
    I don't know anyone who has STC without any negativity... just par for the course! I hope you get some answers soon and that your body starts working the way it should.
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  30. #150

    Default

    I went for CD5 b/w yesterday and they decreased my Follistim dosage and told me to come in on Monday for u/s and b/w. They didn't tell me what my level was and I didn't even ask because last time all it did was stress me out! Then today they called me again and said, actually he wants you to come in on Tuesday instead of Monday, and take a higher dosage tonight and back to the lower dosage tomorrow. Confusing! I hope it all works out but I'm a little worried that they told me the wrong thing yesterday and that I should still have been on the higher dosage last night. Oh well, guess there is nothing I can do about it now... just doing what I'm told!

    Any updates from 2ww'ers???
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •