Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Stc net

Thinking of you Jen. All the best for a staightforward procedure and easy healing.

My lining looks good. I'll have to leave you in suspence about the blood results and plan from here... I'm waiting from a call from the nurse, but we are heading out of town and won't have internet to update you. Have a good weekend everyone.

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Jen M -- I hope your procedure goes well tomorrow and that you heal well and quickly. to you, I'm sorry that you have to go through this but I hope you have a smooth recovery and are TTC with us again very soon!

Ourou -- Glad your lining looks good! What CD are you?
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

Jen, hope everything goes well tomorrow, and then for a quick return to ttc!
    Ourou, glad your lining looks good!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Hi ladies,

Jen, I am so, so sorry you are going through this. I went through exactly the same thing a year ago this week. I was thinking of you all day yesterday, hopefully you are resting today. Take all the time you need to heal, if you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to PM me.

I've been waivering on whether or not to get back on here, up until last week, I had a very difficult time even thinking about getting back into STC. Well, DH brought it back up so now we are back in the game full force. I thought we were going to go the DE route, but during a consultation with the RE, he asked why we hadn't tried IVF yet (I'm young, and FSH isn't off the charts just yet). So, he renewed hope that IVF might not be as out of reach as we were originally led to believe. But, we don't want to shell out $20-40,000 on the premise that we might barely have a chance at being successful. So...

...we're going to Barbados!!! There is an incredible RE there, the clinic is accredited by the Joint Commission (USA), and all of the MDs were trained in the UK. We get an IVF cycle and we get to be on the beach for 2 weeks...all for about $10,000! Everyone that I have talked to has had an incredible experience there. I'm pushing for February, DH is more into March, but I'm pushing off my Master's dissertation do to this (and who are we kidding, I'm not getting any younger!), so I would like to jump in. This way we get to try IVF, and if we are not successful then we can say that we tried and not be out of a ridiculous amount of money.

Hope you all are doing well, I've totally been stalking lately. I am very excited to be back and to get to chat with everyone! This process is so unfair and difficult, I have always appreciated having this group to talk to and go through this experience with. Hopefully we'll have lots and lots of grads this winter!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Hi ladies,

Thank you for the kind words and prayers. The D&C went well yesterday I think (DH talked to my OB but I haven't yet). I'm having only a little spotting and not a lot of cramping today. Just been taking it easy since yesterday morning. DH has been wonderful caring for me and DS! Today has been rough emotionally though since two of my friends posted that they were preggo today on FB and both are due within a couple of weeks of what my due date was. Perhaps I should stay off FB for awhile? I don't see my OB until November 7th for a F/U. I'm praying that I will at least have ovulated by then since I know she is going to make us wait one cycle before TTCing again. I'm taking Vitex 2x/day, royal jelly 1x/day and maca 2x/day now. Hopefully that will get my cycles back on track!

Akhiker, that's so exciting about Barbados! I was looking into the travel IVF programs too but my RE charges about $10,000 per cycle so I'm not sure I would save any money to travel, especially when you consider time off work factored in as well. Either way, I don't have that cash sitting around so not sure what we'll end up doing.

Jen M, and I'm glad things went as well as they could have. SO sorry about dealing with the pg announcements. I hid my cousin's posts temporarily after she had her third baby the same day I had my chemical.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Jen M - I'm glad it went smoothly. Yay for a supportive DH.

Akhiker - Welcome back to the roller-coaster. Barbados sounds really promising, and the time at the beach is a nice bonus.

Katie - How are you feeling? When are you planning to test?

Jen and Gwenn - How are your cycles going? Are you both waiting to O?

AFM - We had a lovely weekend away with the family, which was nice and distracting too. Now back to real life! We are doing the FET on Wednesday (Tuesday for you in the USA.) I think I'm CD 13 now, so it'll be CD 16 then, with a 5 day embryo. (TMI, I'm sooo gassy right now. . . probably the progesterone?)

I'm waiting to O. Have a monitoring appt on Tuesday, so I will keep you all posted.

Good luck with your FET, Ourou! Gassiness is no fun, though.

Akhiker -- that's exciting about IVF in Barbados! Hopefully you will have a great trip with a wonderful surprise at the end!

Jen M -- Glad your procedure went well. I have also stayed away from certain FB friends' posts, especially those who frequently end up pregnant without even trying. I hope your supplements help you get your next cycle quickly!

Ali -- Wow, FET in two days already! Will be stalking you!!!

Gwenn -- I'm glad you get to have a monitoring u/s this cycle since initially you didn't think you would. KUP on how it goes!

AFM -- I am 5dpiui and today I have had killer pains in my lower abdomen, both sides, mainly when I stand up from sitting, or if I walk too fast. Also I am REALLY bloated. I'm trying to drink a lot of water and hopefully that will help. For once in my life, I don't think I'm going to test early. I will probably wait til the 23rd which will be 14dpiui. We did an Hcg boost this cycle which make the Hcg stay in my system longer, plus the last time we did the boost I didn't get AF til 17dpiui.

Akhiker - I love your approach with Barbados! A wonderful trip hopefully followed by a perfect BFP!
    Jen, I'm glad everything went well, and I am right there with you and Katie and FB being a thorn in my side every other day. I'm happy for everyone, but jealous at the same time.
    Ali, good luck! Lots of positive thoughts your way tomorrow! (Tues in the states, right?)
    Gwenn, hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!
    Katie, I think I'm as anxious for your 2ww right now as I am when it's me! Here's to hoping it goes by quickly, and of course has a happy ending!
    AFM, I think I'm doing a decent job not obsessing/stressing about ttc this month. I'm only on cd 11 so just waiting for obvious O signs - I'm not using opks or temping. DH and I are going for an every other day BD approach until I think I O. I'm also looking into starting yoga just to try to relax myself!

Any updates from the ladies who had appointments today? Thinking of you!

AFM -- I think the progesterone is making me exhausted and stupid. DH thinks I do more dumb stuff when I'm taking it, and yesterday I almost fell asleep driving. Not a whole lot of other symptoms though. I'm having a little tenderness in the nips, and still very bloated from the IUI. One more week til testing....

Yes! I responded really well to the Femara. My lining is 8mm (never been over 6 on Clomid) and I have a 16mm and 12mm follie. I trigger tomorrow morning, and IUI Thursday afternoon! Seems like I have more going for me than in the past.

I know I don't post much, but good luck to everyone! We've been trying for eleven months now with no luck...I had some blood drawn at my PCP's office for thyroid levels and am going to see my gynecologist next month. The only local RE doesn't take our current insurance, so we are going to switch plans and make an appointment for January if we don't have any luck before then.

Good luck!

The deed is done! One healthy 5 day embryo transferred . It all went well, though apparently I have a retroverted uterus which meant they couldn't use an ultrasound to help with placement. Hopefully its good and up there anyway. Looking forward to the pic of the emby they are emailing through . Let the 9 day wait begin!

Gwenn, great about those follies and lining . Good luck!

Katie- Yeah, that progesterone is yuck. I'm still struggling with gas/bloating from mine (its pretty embarassing). Take care out driving though!

Oh, wow, Ali, I'm so excited for you! Possibly I'm more excited for your 9 day wait than my 2ww!

Aww, thank you!

Yay, Gwenn!!! That's great news! I hope the Femara does the trick for you!

Ali -- Glad to hear your FET went well!!! I'm jealous of the 9 day wait. I am ready for my 2ww to be over already!

SweetTinkerbelle -- Welcome, but I'm sorry you have to be here. I hope you get that BFP in the next couple months and don't need to worry about a RE appt!

So much going on!! FX for everyone!! C'mon BFPs!!

Quote Originally Posted by quinn'smama View Post
    so much going on!! Fx for everyone!! C'mon bfps!!
    this

Gwenn, good luck tomorrow!

Thanks!

2ww is killing me! I want to test, but it's too early, but I don't want to test b/c I don't want to see a BFN. And why does the progesterone have to make me so tired?? Sorry for the rant....

Hold out Katie! DH just bought me some pee sticks, so I'm sure they'll start calling my name soon...

I've come down with a nasty cold . No fever, so that's good, but I'm still nervous whether my body is a nice place for an embryo to setup camp. Blah.

How is everyone else going?

Ali, are you reading my mind? I've been sitting here debating if I want to POAS tomorrow. I have 3 tests sitting in my cabinet. When will you test? I have had a cold the last couple days too, and I have had the same worries about if it will keep me from getting pg.

~Katie, I’m so glad you didn’t wait to POAS any longer!!!
    ~Ali, hope you’re feeling better! I’ve known a lot of ladies who are sick during the cycle they conceive!
    ~Gwenn, hope the IUI went great, now for a looooooong 2ww! Any plans to help pass the time?
    ~Jen M, how are you doing?

I hope everyone else is doing well!

AFM, I heard from my younger sister today, and she is pg with #2 (only TTC for 3 months with this one, and had a very scary pregnancy with #1). I know I am happy for her, just wish I could feel happy for her. I just want to be in a good place again…

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Oh Akhiker, BFPs in the family are such bittersweet news. You'll be properly happy for her in time, but work through your feelings now.

Katie, your news makes me want to test early! I *think* I am going to wait 'til the day after tomorrow though. DH is hoping to hear back about a big research grant tomorrow, and I don't think we could handle to "no" answers in one day.

I know and hate that bittersweet feeling of wanting to be happy but just not feeling it. I just had an old friend from middle school announce she is pregnant with her first. We are both 39. I AM happy for her, but it hurts.

My IUI went well. Doctor said some spilled out but DH had a great sperm count so there should be plenty left. They actually didn't use the whole sample. They put in 150 million and apparently I lost about 1/3. If that means I got 100 million I'm good with that. Trying not to get too excited but I've had some nausea, some extra CM, and some crazy dreams. Probably the trigger shot but I'm starting to get my hopes up in spite of myself.

Ali -- I will be stalking for your BFP!

Gwenn -- I totally understand how you feel about wanting to be happy for your friend but also wishing it was you. I hope this is your lucky cycle and you can join your friend!

Well, I couldn't resist. I tested, and it ain't looking good . Its 7 days past 5 day transfer, the equivalent of 12dpo, so it *could* be too early, but its sure not a good sign.

How are you getting on Jen and Gwenn? Any possible symptoms? And who else is riding the rollercoaster this cycle?
    Last edited by Ourou; 10-23-2012 at 06:12 PM.